Baltimore Riots | Teen Ink

Baltimore Riots

By KalebFarris BRONZE, Milford, Kansas
KalebFarris BRONZE, Milford, Kansas

Dejay and Tim live in Baltimore, Maryland. They see everything around them going down the drain. People that don’t even live in their town are destroying it, they are looting and burning buildings, and for what because a man was killed. They think the people looting are as dumb as a dodo bird. Don’t get them wrong they are upset about how he was shot in the back while trying to run from the cops. They are dying laughing at all these ignorant people.

But they don’t see the point in having a full on riot, and destroying things that are needed to the community. They are sitting at home debating whether or not they should go do something about all those ignorant people. All day long they have been seeing riots and people run around looting, they are furious because of all these people, some of them don’t even live in their town! They want this all to end and for people just to handle these situations better than they are, they think back to the big L.A. riots and hope it doesn’t get that bad.

They both don’t agree that all cops are bad, they know that, but they think back to a couple months ago with the whole Michael Brown shooting. They are talking about how the man was in the wrong but the cop got blamed for killing him. They think cops shouldn’t be treated the way they are and that how people blame them for everything is wrong. Those men and women risk their lives for people to be safe.