Gun Right | Teen Ink

Gun Right

By addison bahr BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
addison bahr BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota

“BIll, you know what, I’m going to kill you.” “Jim, just wai...” ‘BANG! Oh... my God. I just killed Bill” This murder, which took place in a small town, never found that right killer, they jailed an innocent man. We all know who the real murder is, Bill. Bill though isn’t a human, he’s a gun. Why do people keep saying guns kill people. Do the guns load themselves and pull the trigger? And if their is a murder who gets charged with the crime. The person not the gun.

I have done lots of research on this conflicting topic. 45 percent of all americans own a gun. 67 percent of those who own one use it for protection and 57 percent use guns for hunting.  Two times as many people go to the hospital for bites by animals than gun injures. Less than .4 percent of hospital visits deal with guns. And murder rates have fallen since guns were made legal. There's this thing called the black market where people can buy whatever they want and there are some dirty cops out there that with the right price they will do anything. About 500 people die from guns a year in the USA that includes every death. People die more from animal attacks in the USA than guns. Less than .5 percent of deaths deal with guns. You have more of a chance of getting hit by a car walking down the street than getting shot.

But their are some positive with gun control, 1 and 3 ccpeople know someone that has been shot. The USA has one of the highest homicide rates in the world. On average 32 people get murdered with guns everyday. And 51 suicides happen with a gun a day. One in five teenagers have witnessed a shooting. In 2007 there were more children killed in school shootings than cops killed in the line of duty.

Even though people are dieing from guns think of how many lives they save. And if guns are in the wrong hands they are unstoppable because when playing a game of rock paper scissors with Gun, Fist, and even Ninja skills, the gun always wins.