Ryan Kelly by Ryan Kelly | Teen Ink

Ryan Kelly by Ryan Kelly

Ryan Kelly is a singer from The Moy, Northern Ireland born in November, 1978. He started singing from a young age because he was influenced by his parents especially his dad to go sing. His first big performance was when he was 7 years old. Ryan can play the guitar, tin whistle, and a little piano. He was an accountant before joining Celtic Thunder in 2007. He also has three pets one cat named "Rory" and two dogs named "Molly" and "Larry."
He is known as the bad guy "dark destroyer" in Celtic Thunder. He has been in Celtic Thunder ever since their first show "The Show." He sings anything from classic Irish songs from the likes of "Carrickfergus" to more modern songs like "Everything I do I do it for you." 
He came out with two solo albums in the past few years including "In Time" (2010) and "Life" (2013.) Both are very successful albums with both receiving excellent reviews and went high on the world music charts. "In Time" was his debut album just to showcase who he was. "Life" which was his second album, showed us a more personal side of Ryan and included songs (both covers and original which he did for both albums) to show and talk about his experiences in life during his first album till then.
He and also Neil Byrne (who is also a member of Celtic Thunder) joined forces in 2012 to make themselves a duo (now named Byrne and Kelly) which started out as just those two to include other people named Nicole Hudson (violinist in Celtic Thunder) and Peter Sheridan (ex traveling musical director for Celtic Thunder.)
In June of 2012 he fell down the stairs in his home and went into a coma for 3 weeks while the group was working on their new show "Mythology." Whilst in his coma the musical director David Munro decided to change the arrangements of the song "Carrickfergus" to make it more somber not know if Ryan would be able to sing it or not. Because David did that Carrickfergus became a more special song for him than it already was.
You can Ryan's work on his website, and the Celtic Thunder website. You can also listen and buy his two albums on Itunes or CDBaby. 

I've loved Ryan ever since the beginning of Celtic Thunder and I hope that you'll like him too.

on Jun. 2 2015 at 12:25 am
coolstudygirl GOLD, Vermilion, Ohio
I love Ryan too! He is truly a special man. I love everything about him. He is quite a gent too. Thank you for writing this review.