Africa Needs Clean Water | Teen Ink

Africa Needs Clean Water

By Brandoncarvalho BRONZE, Marlborough, Massachusetts
Brandoncarvalho BRONZE, Marlborough, Massachusetts

Africa is one of the places that needs the most clean water and lots and lots of people die from a water related disease or because they can’t get clean water.  People from the United States should go to Africa to teach them how to dig deep down for water. There are three main reasons why Africa needs clean water the first is because without clean water you can get many deadly illnesses. Second is because they can't get hydrated and without being hydrated your body does not function correctly and could lead to death. And last is they can’t get basic sanitation. A big part of death in Africa is from not being able to get basic sanitation.

People from the United States should go to Africa to teach them how to dig deep down for water. Because they don't have clean water that they can drink. And if they drink dirty water they can get an illness or even a disease. Some diseases from this dirty water can kill many people, or can make them very sick. According to water.org it says  “840,000 people die each year from a water related disease”. This shows that water in Africa is scarce, and if they find water, most of the time it has some sort of disease in it. But if people from the United States with the knowledge to dig for water went to Africa and taught them how to dig for water and give the equipment needed, less people would die each year and more things would be able to be accomplished without the worry of running out of water.

People from the United States should go to Africa to teach them how to dig deep down for water. Water is a very big part of your body nearly half of your body's weight is water. It is very important to drink water, especially when it is very hot like in Africa. Every one in the world needs to drink water. Water helps the body with lots of diffrent things. Like for example, your body uses water to lubricate joints, remove waste, and to maintain its temperature. According to thewaterproject.org it says “Those in rural areas still lack access to water. One report stated that in 2008 about 5 million people lack access to water”. This shows that people in Africa don't have water and without water, their bodies can't function correctly leading to death. Also without being hydrated concentration for students and adults is harder. That’s why if people from the United States go to Africa to teach them how to dig deep down for water they would be hydrated and none of this would happen.

People from the United States should go to Africa to teach them how to dig deep down for water. Being clean is also a big part of the use of water. And some people don't have enough water to get basic sanitation. This is bad because just not cleaning your self for a few days can lead to many bacteria. Accoding to thewaterproject.org it says “In developing countries, about 80% of illnesses are linked to poor water and sanitation conditions.” This shows that even not being clean can create many diseases and kill people in Africa. But if people in the United States go to Africa and teach them how to dig for water this wont be a big problem and less people would die. Accoding to charitywater.org it says “sanitation alone can reduce water-related deaths by 37.5%” So if we can teach them how to dig for water we can help reduce the deaths by 37.5%. 

Some people might think that teaching Africa how to dig deep for water is a bad idea. They think that they should learn themselves and that they don't need help. But that's not the case. People in Africa don't have really good schools that can teach them how to do that. According to brookings.edu its says “It’s unfathomable that of Africa's nearly 128 million school-aged children, 17 million will never attend school. Perhaps even more shocking is the fact that another 37 million African children will learn so little while in they are in school that they will not be much better off than those kids who never attend school. As a consequence, the prognosis for Africa’s future economic growth and social development is poor.” This shows that schools in Africa aren't able to teach students or adults how to use this technology. So thats why people from the United States should go to Africa to teach them how to dig deep down for water.

After all there are many reasons why people from the United States should go to Africa to teach them how to dig deep down for water. Drinking the water they have contain many water borne disease which can lead to death. Also sometimes they can’t get hydrated because they can’t find water. And the water there is so dirty they can’t even get basic sanitation. All these things lead to pain and or death. That's why people from the United States should go to Africa to teach them how to dig deep down for water. We drink water every day like its nothing and we even sometimes play with our water hose and let all that water go. But for some people in Africa they don't even have water to drink. So what are you going to do to help. Make a stand and donate to help make more and more places for people in Africa to get clean water to drink. You can even do a small challenge to save some money and use the money you saved to donate. Go to thewaterproject.org for more information. So what are you going to do to help.