Sponge bob/ Batman | Teen Ink

Sponge bob/ Batman

By Bennett Fleming BRONZE, Hillsoborough, North Carolina
Bennett Fleming BRONZE, Hillsoborough, North Carolina

Hi, I’m Spongebob Squarepants. I have currently escaped from three prisons, and I am on the run staying away from cops at any cost that it takes. My home does not exist because I am homeless. I live in underwater with very advanced technology in a pineapple with the rest of my town called Bikini Bottom. Right now our civilization of innocent people is being attacked by aliens that only mean to destroy us all. My running from the cops has run me down to the planet Earth, into New York, in this city called Gotham which is already filled with criminals and crime. There are more body forms like me called sponges here. Right now my running has caught me in the middle of winter where it snows almost everyday and it is always below 20 degrees Fahrenheit. Recently, I have sighted on the run from cops, a guy named Bruce Wayne who is always seeming to be disappearing into caves to hide from cops. One day, we were both running from the cops they were really hot on our tail, and when he disappeared into the cave to hide again I had no choice but to follow him inside of the cave.
When I got into the cave, I was basically hypnotized by the beauty of all of the features and advanced technology everywhere. It looks like this Bruce guy had been living in here for all of his life! As a began to look around more I noticed that it looked more like a superhero’s cave. I saw suits that we made for climbing, fighting, shooting, and doing many things. Also all of the suits were made to look like bats in a human form. I saw many vehicles he must use as a superhero like a car looking like a bat and also a jet that looked like it was a bat. I heard a noise and turned around only to face Bruce but he was in one of the bat suits that I saw in the glass casing and he was holding two boomerangs with sharp ends on the ends and the boomerangs looked like bats. And suddenly I realized I was a criminal standing in front of the criminal catcher Batman.
I had no idea what to do so I tried to run but he jumped on me and pinned me to the ground. “Why are you following me”! He said in his deep and scratchy voice. “And how did you find my cave. He said. “I don’t know”.  I said. I thought you were a criminal too and that we could work together to stay away from the cops until they stop looking for us”. “Well it does not matter buddy you're coming with me”. He said back to me. He took me to this room in his cave that looked like his room where he researched his criminals that he is going after. I was paying attention to what he was saying but I was already planning how I would escape from the room that Batman has trapped me in. I made up a plan that first I would throw a trash can at him that I noticed was beside me. Then I would Escape out the door and run out of his cave before He could even get up. I bent down to pick up the trashcan and I threw it at hi m with all of my force but he saw it coming and he dodged it easily. He turned around threw a glare at me and then he came running straight at me.
As fast as I could I bolted out the door but I could see behind me that he was catching up to me. I picked up a rock that I saw on the ground and threw it right back at him. But Batman being Batman dodged it easily and just gained more ground on me. I was really close to the entrance and he was really close behind me but I thought that I was going to make it. Right when I got back to the entrance I got out and I slammed the door in his face and ran away and hid in the bushes outside of his cave. I heard him come out of the cave and I was bracing for something if he found me. But he looked everywhere outside of the cave, everywhere except for where I was hiding. I heard him walk back into the cave and shut the door behind him and I let out a sigh of relief. I got up and started to walk away from the cave but suddenly I w turned around on my back and I saw that it was Batman! I shoved him off of me and got up. I told him: “Okay, we need to work this out if we are going to stay away from the cops”. “Well fine”. He said. “We can work it out and stay away from the cops together”. So we walked out away from the cave and we walked into the clearing where I first saw him. I told him that we should actually just go out on our own again, and he said okay so we parted our ways and walked off. But no sooner that we have taken two steps away cops showed up everywhere around the clearing and instantly, just like that. We were trapped!
Immediately we bolted back into the cave but we were followed by the cops and they had guns and other weapons too. When we got back in the cave we went straight back to his guns and ammo room and loaded up to defend ourselves. After we got guns the cops burst through the rooms door so we ran out of the back door and into the bushes to get away. The cops did not see us and they ran by we hid in the bushes until they walked off again. Then we got up and we walked back into the cave when the cops were gone. I was relieved to be free from the cops once again. I thanked him and then finally we parted ways. Right? Wrong. When they both tried to get out of the cave the doors were shut tight and they would not move. We tried everything to get the doors open but it appeared that we were locked inside of our own room. “We can’t just try and figure this out by ourselves.” He said. “Yeah, I know.” I said we need to figure it out together to get out of here before we run out of food or run out of air.
We started to dig out the cave door with a jackhammer that put holes in the door and we started to get hopeful. But I think that they knew that we would find a way out because when we got out after we had made a big enough hole all of the police were standing outside with many guns pointed right at the hole we were coming out of as an “escape”. But we were immediately caught by the police and we rode off in their cars to a high tech police station ment for really bad criminals. When we got to the station and got inside it seemed like there was no way to get out of the prison. But sure enough I could already see Batman trying to make an escape plan in his head because he was analyzing everything. All of the sudden he whipped around and knocked out both policemen with one swift blow. Nobody heard them hit the ground because Batman was so smooth. We ran out of the prison and over 3 miles back to his cave.
I was relieved to be free finally and I thanked Batman and left. Although I left him and his cave, I will always remember the day I met Batman.  But right now I have no where to go so I live on the lake here in secret when I went onto a submarine without anybody noticing. And someday I hope to steal a boat and travel back to my pineapple and get back to my normal life. But now I will stay on the lake until I get the right chance.

My work.