An Adventure | Teen Ink

An Adventure

{June 25, 2015}

I don't know why this week, I started thinking of suicide when I haven't in a months;
but then maybe I do.

I remember today, realizing yesterday that I was trying to make myself perfect before I went and stepped into camp because of the past few, sad days I was feeling unwell and lost and not perfect;
and because of that I remember realizing that on Wednesday that I was trying to act like I have it all under control when I didn't, and that all my problems were solved when all my problems weren't solved yet.

And maybe that was what triggered it - I trying to make myself perfect, still recovering from the last few, rough days I had then, and then something snapped;
I almost had a plan of suicide.

A plan to jump off from somewhere high - a tall, unknown building where I could try to fly, even though I knew the chances were that I was flying to my death;
but I still wanted to try for some reason, when that thought just suddenly came on a Monday as I was at my grandmother's house and playing a game with my uncle -
still there as I came home at night, confused and tired.

I thought it was just a thought that just passed through me, for some unknown reason;
but what if the last few, rough days of being distracted and lost and tired and recovering from those days but still feeling a little bit lost and confused , really triggered that thought?

That thought of wanting to write a letter to the ones I love and telling them I love them but I'm sorry because I couldn't do it anymore, because I wasn't strong enough for the adventure of life;
and thinking these last thoughts in my heart and head,

"I'm sorry."
"I'm sorry, God."
"I love you."
"How can one so beautiful, hate himself so much?"

But then . . . 

"To live would be an awfully big adventure."

To live would be an awfully big adventure;
an awfully big, wonderful adventure for life is an adventure.

To live in God and with my God and the ones I love would be an adventure;
and is an adventure.  

{June 22 and 25, 2015}

I am here for a reason, and that reason isn't to watse life and dwell on things that don't matter and that are really little things, seemingly like big things. 

Just as killing myself isn't the reason and many other reasons that aren't good reasons, aren't the reasons. 

I am here to live.