Obliterated Pains | Teen Ink

Obliterated Pains

By Adia16 GOLD, Nampa, Idaho
Adia16 GOLD, Nampa, Idaho

"Sing like no one's listening, Dance like no ones watching, Love like you've never been hurt."-Unknown

Shattered glass on the ground.

Still silence obliterates sound,

Join on the trail of my ball gown. 

Hall of mirrors all around, 

Chilling darkness leading down. 

Discarded reveries are only found. 

This poem is based on an entry I put in an English journal long ago. I spoke on what my darkest points of life look like. From my mind's eye I traveled through a hall of mirrors, cold chipped stones paved around with a cracked and chipped fountain. The fires of my mind destroyed the memories burning them to ash.

The photo is not my own, keep in mind. 

on Jan. 30 2016 at 3:08 pm
Maculate_Dream DIAMOND, Riverside, California

I have not failed, I just found 10,000 ways to not succeed.

All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.

Beautiful, rhyming is excellent, very impressive. Enjoyed it through every line

Adia16 GOLD said...
on Jul. 7 2015 at 1:15 pm
Adia16 GOLD, Nampa, Idaho

Thank you for your advice, Let me explain why it's short. I as the author I'm trying to show you how your mind is when unsure or near to putting aside information. If I didn't present it in this way,then you can't focus on the meaning of the poem. Which is forgotten thoughts, information, or dreams, looks like.

on Jul. 7 2015 at 12:48 pm
ThePoeticJustice PLATINUM, Houston, Texas

Hold fast and keep your head up high for life will pass right by you like a speeding bird if you don't acknowledge it- Charles Moorer III (me)

I'm not really sure where to take this, it's longer than a haiku, but really rather short. It's a good poem tho. next time, be more descriptive and lengthy a little lol good job all the way