An Amazing Future | Teen Ink

An Amazing Future

I am looking forward to attending Richland Community college in the fall to attend basic first year collage classes. It’s so close to my house and they have so many classes, almost all much as a University. But, even though that’s the start of my college education it most defiantly doesn’t end there. I have two Universities that I’m comparing and trying to decide between. They are East ETBU in Marshall, Texas and fell in love with the campus, its small and extremely pretty with lots of flowers and old-timey buildings. But I think that the thing I liked best is that it’s located in a small town that has lots of unique homes that are beautiful, I’d have a blast just going on a walk and admiring them. Since I’ve never actually been to SAGU, the main reasons for considering this University is that they have the exact degree that I’m hoping to receive and it’s only one hour away, not too far that I can’t come home for a weekend.

I am going to receive my higher education in children and family ministries, and will be a children’s pastor for a church somewhere, I do hope that I’ll be in a big city thought. I have decide that there is nothing else that I would do with my life than help children learn more about the amazing things God has for them in the here and now on earth and also the great plans He has for each and every one of them. I feel that children are the people that I can communicate with the best because they either don’t notice the little things that I do, because of my mild Asperger’s, it’s not uncommon for me to do little things wrong when interacting with people, or they point them out in a nice way, not like the teenagers who do it to make you feel bad about yourself, something that has been just about a constant throughout middle and high school.

I can recall countless times when I did something that made the situation extremely awkward for someone else and then when they pointed it out made me super embarrass that I’d make a mistake like that in front of so many people. Thankfully my dyslexia doesn’t manifest itself in that way, but it makes spelling and reading very difficult and I always have to have someone spellcheck my essays, plus on rare occasions I will not be able to say the word that I’m think of in my head and will need someone else to know the context and say it for me, which kids usually do in a nice way, thankfully.

I am applying for this scholarship because as with everyone else around the world I cannot pay for all four years of a collage education by myself, or even with the help of my family. If I were so blessed be receive this scholarship it would help immensely with all of the extra expenses that go into a higher education, including books, other supplies, room and meals, and anything else that might come up. I hate that so much money must be spend for me to achieve my dream, but I know that this scholarship money would be a huge help!