Theism and Society: Prejudices and Presuppositions | Teen Ink

Theism and Society: Prejudices and Presuppositions

By Raynich1 BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois
Raynich1 BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois

We’re all teens here, which makes specifically clear a certain fact: We have all, at one point or another, been through a unit on evolution in our educational curriculum. These units treat evolution as fact, as if it is not simply a theory, with admitted flaws, proposed by someone two hundred years ago and idolized by the modern scientific community.

On November 24, 1859, Charles Darwin wrote his book On Origin of Species. Even though there were seemingly masses of evidence supporting this theory, there were still flaws that Darwin himself said could completely disprove his theory if not explained by evolution. He meant for his theory to be treated as a theory and only a theory that may or may not be true. He did not want to be idol-worshipped and his book to be treated as the Bible of naturalistic science. The media and public school system ignore this fact, instead glossing it over with outdated, disproven evolutionary “evidences.”

One of these flaws has to do with biology - specifically the eye. Darwin himself admitted that natural selection could not possibly have formed the eye and other incredibly complex organs in the body: “To suppose that the eye, with all its inimitable contrivances for adjusting the focus to different distances, for admitting different amounts of light, and for the correction of spherical and chromatic aberration, could have been formed by natural selection, seems, I freely confess, absurd in the highest possible degree.” This is the creator of the over-glorified evolutionary theory (I dare say, yes, theory) admitting that there is a huge gap in his theory that, after one hundred and fifty years, has not been answered using naturalistic means. Of course, that’s something you weren’t taught in your science class.

Transitional forms. These are fossils that Darwin assumed we would dig up that would help to prove his theory. Theoretically, transitional forms would be species that are part of the way into evolving into another species. This is another essential facet of his theory in order for it to be true, as he affirms in his book: “Why, if species have descended from other species by insensibly fine gradations, do we not everywhere see innumerable transitional forms.” He expected that we would see half-animals or species in between two known species, but in one hundred and fifty years, we haven’t.

542 million years ago, when evolutionists claim life was still evolving, an extraordinary event happened. Starting those 542 million years ago, and going on for about 20-25 million years (an incredibly small amount of time in the fossil record), most of the presently-existing life formed (they call this period the Cambrian Period). Isn’t that amazing? In a tiny percentage of the billions of years that life supposedly took to evolve, most of the presently-existing life formed. It happened that quickly. That is a huge defeat to evolution, which Darwin concedes: “If numerous species, belonging to the same genera or families, have really started into life all at once, the fact would be fatal to the theory to descent with slow modification through natural selection...The case at present must remain inexplicable; and may be truly urged as a valid argument against the views here entertained.” Naturalistic scientists have made attempts to explain it away, but their theories have been easily disproven by this tidal wave of evidence we call the Cambrian Explosion.

I could go on further, but this will suffice for now. I’m willing to bet that you didn’t learn any of these facts in school. That’s due to this enormous societal presupposition that theism and science aren’t compatible. This presupposition has influenced all corners of modern society - the scientific community, the media and even the education system. Evolution is a dead theory, and it’s time we treated it as such.