Drag Me Down by One Direction | Teen Ink

Drag Me Down by One Direction

By SkyDelight GOLD, Chestermere, Other
SkyDelight GOLD, Chestermere, Other

It's that time of year again... The summer rolls by and that can only mean one thing for Directioners... It's time for a new album! We hear whispers and tweets all year of One Direction cooking up their new album...

Hot off the heels of their North American On The Road Again Tour leg, One Direction dropped their highly anticipated lead single from their upcoming album. They even pulled a Beyoncé (well, at least for the western hemisphere) and surprisingly posted the track out of nowhere.

As the first single without Zayn Malik, who left the band earlier this year due to personal matters, I'd say the boys have smashed the expectations set forth for them. Billboard gave the song a good rating, which boosted the confidence for the band's future.

Catchy, infectious, with a daring music video, this song can be a bit repetitive. But the 'nobody can drag me down' hook will leave you secretly humming this song.

At first, it may seem strange, not hearing Zayn's smooth and silky voice belting out a high note. But him leaving is bittersweet--one less member means one less person to share in the persona of a boyband. Many fans are delighted to hear more of Niall, Louis, Harry, and Liam. It seems the boy have tried to compensate for Zayn's absence by having more fun on stage.

Drag Me Down is the answer to 1D's confirmed hiatus next year... The fifth album will give fans something to obsess over during the band's hiatus in 2016.

My review? 4/5. We'll be waiting for the next album, boys!

One Direction is one of my favorite bands. :)