Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

Love

By Becca S, Mason, OH

Ever since the world began civilizations have been obsessed with the idea of love. From the Ancient Greek gods, Aphrodite, and Eros to Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet to modern day smash hits like Titanic, The Notebook, or Sweet Home Alabama teach us to believe in love and fairytales. Even the Disney princesses help little girls start believing in love at a young age.

Why are we obsessed with love? Is it because we want to believe when times are rough that things will get better and we will get the bliss and happiness that were are told we will find when we fall in love. Or is it just our curiosity to see what is out there? Maybe some of us are in love with the idea of love. Do we want to experience the sweeping romances of the movies or the slow courtships of the 1800 and 1900's? Do you want the everyday romances of normal people living in the suburbs with movies and dinners and bowling and doing everyday things together while growing closer together and letting their love blossom into something more.

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

4 comment(s)
1D_Niall Haron
OK so i don't believe in love at a young age thats just me so some people do!
Dec. 14, 2012 at 8:52 AM • Report
laynaloo
well really there is such thing because kids will believe what they learn at a young age and will learn from their parents. there is such thing!!! 
Sep. 17, 2014 at 7:09 PM • Report
tiffuhhh
Love is possible at any age, it all depends on perspective.
Jan. 28, 2015 at 3:01 PM • Report
tiffuhhh
Jan. 28, 2015 at 3:01 PM • Report
Close