Bring It On | Teen Ink

Bring It On

98 minutes of cheerleading, cat fights, and romance.  I mean what more do you want in a movie.  Out of all of the Bring It On movies the first was definitely the best. 

Kristen Dunst really brings her A-game in acting as well as cheerleading.  She is playing Torrance Shipman, who recently acquires the position of captain on her high school cheerleading squad.  As captain she lets Missy Pantone on the team and much to everyone’s surprise she is quite good. 

An even better surprise for Torrance, is Missy’s brother Cliff.  Tall dark and handsome, he even plays guitar, what doesn’t he do.  Over time, their relationship develops into something more than just friends.  Torrance comes over to help Missy with her cheering.  I really think that she loves strutting around in front of Cliff in her little red cheerleading outfit.  You can obviously tell that she wants him.

Torrance discovers that the old captain of the Toros had been stealing routines from the Clovers.  As captain she insists they make up a different routine, only to find out the routine they were taught was being sold to many other teams.  With both of these disastrous situations, the team is not happy with their captain.  Torrance eventually does convince them to create an original new routine.

After the results are shared that the Toros came in second to the Clovers, Cliff and Torrance don’t shy away from a celebratory kiss.  If we are being real here, we all knew that they were going to get together.  And we all knew that one of the two teams would win.  Going through that much trouble and neither winning would ruin the whole movie. 

Despite the cheesiness of it all, the movie is enjoyable to watch.  Once you have seen it enough you can start to say the lines with them.  If you haven’t seen it you need to have a Bring It On night to decide which one you like better.