A Letter to My Best Friend | Teen Ink

A Letter to My Best Friend

By ClaudiaEmilie SILVER, Scottsdale, Arizona
ClaudiaEmilie SILVER, Scottsdale, Arizona

"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly."

Dear Princess Kate:

Hi lovely girl. You are a beautiful princess and deserve to be treated like royalty. Your friendship has been the greatest gift I ever could have received in my life and I cannot imagine how different everything would be if we hadn't met 9 years ago in choir.

You inspire me every day with nothing but a smile to be a better person. Everyone who comes in contact with you has their life changed in some way. I talk about you and instantly people light up. Almost everyone I talk to that has met you has their own funny Kaitlyn story. People that haven't even met you, bring up your instagram and how much they love all your posts. People I haven't even met ask me, "Are you the girl in all of Kaitlyn's instagram videos?" You are a celebrity that inspires me and others to become better people. I am just a lucky groupie running alongside you that still can't believe I am your best friend.

You are my best friend. We have gone on ice cream dates, had girls nights, sleepovers, pajama parties, done each others hair, sang off-tune in my car with the top down, gotten our nails done, everything that any other best friends do.

But it's the things that only these best friends do that makes our friendship special. We hold hands when we walk and whenever a good song comes on, I twirl you around and around. You lean in when you giggle and always make sure I'm giggling along. You tickle me all the time, know what to say when I'm having a bad day, and have silly selfie faces.

Kate, you see the best in people when they can't find the best in themselves. You show them the amazing person that they are with just a smile. Without you, I couldn't have made it through all the ups and downs of life that have trailed along with our friendship.

Thank you for letting me be your best friend, 

<3 Claudia