The SOFC | Teen Ink

The SOFC

By JackMay20 BRONZE, Warsaw, Indiana
JackMay20 BRONZE, Warsaw, Indiana

It was 3000, Jeremy just turned one. His sister had just turned three, all he remembers is that his mom was crying and his sister was screaming. He was confused and didn’t remember much. In 3015 he was told that his sister was taken away by scientist. The SOFC [Scientist of French Countries]. They have taken away 10 boys and girls from each French speaking countries. The reasoning behind this is because they were testing the difference between French in different countries and how they act in a different setting every day for an experiment that was classified information for anybody else in any other country.
It wasn’t after high school when he realized what would happen to the test subjects. If they weren’t good enough, if they weren’t good enough for the experiment they were put with a family in America. Their memory of anything that happened in the lab or field, and anything that they remember before the experiment was gone. He finally found out that his sister was still in experiments, he was so relived.
The government has been keeping them up to date for they were the ones that are running the experiment. It was only a little after the time they found out that their daughter was still in the experiments is when they found out she was transferred to Algeria another French speaking country. They were worried because one of the test subjects there was removed. They couldn’t get another one because there has been a population decrease and the BPY [Births Per Year] has been decreasing also, so they are trying to keep as many babies as possible. When she was transferred there was another baby that was put in place for her. It just so happened to be their neighbors.
The government has just announced that the group currently in progress would be released in 10 years. At that time the grandparents would be dead and she would never be able to see them, but she could be able to see the rest of her family.
Jeremy said that it has been long enough and he wanted her out now. He couldn’t do anything now, or could he?
***
It was only until one year later that he found out where she was being held. It was in a secret base in Canada for she was moved once more. He didn’t go to Canada immediately because he had to plan for the trip. His preparation was to figure out how to get there for the base was inaccessible to the public.
Bonjour Monsieur, Comment ca va. Je suis Jeremy, Septembre 3000.
Bien, roome un.
In the airport there were different rooms for different countries, you would board after security.
He had arrived in the base 2 days later. He had his plan all made up, he would sneak in at closing time when they locked the lab and the people had gone to sleep. He had made plans with people to go to the main base in France to shut down the system.
The next day he went into the base, it was tricky because it was dark but he managed to get in by picking the lock in the back door and over running the security system
“Child's Play” he said
After that he had to find his sister, he went into the corridors named French Subjects for they marked the countries. There was only two people who lived in there, Awa and Marie-Alix, they were best friends before they were separated, and now they were back together again.
He had woke them up, and Awa had given him a big hug, as she had missed him, many questions were asked but they had to act fast, they had to leave, they went out in the courtyard. Someone had seen them, they ran as fast as they could but nothing could catch them as it was really too dark to see anything, they ran into a tree. The guard came running, but had passed for they were a dark blob in the dark tundra they had called “day” at the labs. They got to the main gate, they were able to slip between the metal poles.
“Arnt scientist supposed to be smart?” said Marie-Alix
A few days later they had gotten back to the French base, the security was much greater and the building much bigger but he was able to get in. He had set an alarm of in Canada when they found out that 2 of the girls had been missing.
In fact, the head scientist went to Canada to find the girls. They had gotten in for the security guards were looking for each boy and girl, they got to the mother computer.
He couldn’t find out any of the controls because they were written in English but he remembered one word from the class he took.
RELEASE ALL LABS! 
He had pressed the big red button and he heard a click, the lock had been released and the subjects were free. The big red light had been flashing, the peace keepers that were released in emergency were out, they had guns and were at head point. He was one shot away from being dead.
***
The king of France had arrived, he did not know about the secret of the  SOFC, and he didn't know that they had been blocking announcements they had been making. He ordered the SOFC to shut down effectively immediately.
The children have been returned safely to their parents. After that everyone and everything turned out ok and back to normal and no experiments were held, or were there?
Epilogue: Jeremy and his family started an organization to help all of the experimented kids relearn how to live life and fid their families. Jeremy was elected for the science department in the government.