LGBT: Damned or Delivered? | Teen Ink

LGBT: Damned or Delivered?

By Magicath BRONZE, Auburn, Alabama
Magicath BRONZE, Auburn, Alabama

"The boys, the girls, they all like Carmen
She gives them butterflies, bats her cartoon eyes"
-"Carmen" by Lana Del Rey

Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, or Transgender. Those words alone can start up such a huge debate. Some side with them; others against them. All of this just because of a way life different from the status quot. Many say they will go to Hell because they are "sinning". I don't believe that because God is very amazing and will not damn someone just because they love the same gender. That is not how He works. When we die finally, you will be in a sort of limbo. God will be before you and he will ask you a simple question. "Do you love me?" And you answer the question. Yes or no? Now, I don't know of a person that would turn down God when they have the depths of Hell staring them in the face. I know I would say yes immediately. With such a huge consequence out of a question, I wouldn't take my chances. He does this with everyone, no matter who they prefer. He even did this with the worst of men such as Hitler. If homosexuals are sinning, in fact, they would just have to spend time in Purgatory. I know that when I die I might have to spend some time cleansing my sins, but I know that in the end Heaven is waiting for me. I want to open the eyes of the blind to the new. It is the 21st century and times are changing. Society is evolving and some just need to catch up. I hope this has impacted someone or helped someone with the same dilemma. I am Catholic and have noticed the majority of my Protestant friends are against the idea of homosexuality. I want others to stop being afraid and prejudice to different people. This is one of the major problems today with Society. I hope this has helped you be more open to change, reader. That whatever obstacle in the way is pushed away. Please share this with someone who you know is against the idea of homosexuality or is in fact a homosexual. I don’t want anyone feeling like they don’t have a place anywhere, on earth or in the afterlife. 

Ever since my not-anymore-friend brought this up, I have been pondering this over. Are homosexuals damned forever or will they be delivered? I believe that Yes in fact they will be delivered. It doesn't matter what gender attracts you. I hope this will change someone and help others.

Lucy-Agnes PLATINUM, Clarksville, Ohio

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity. Be fools for Christ. And have the courage to suffer the contempt of the sophisticated world." - Justice Antonin Scalia

Wait - if you're Catholic, how can you say homosexuality is alright? The Catholic Church teaches love and respect for all people, but it also clearly states that homosexual activity is gravely wrong. It's true that sometimes society changes - things like women in the workplace, for example. But homosexuality is one of those areas where the Church cannot compromise, because to compromise here would be to compromise Jesus' teachings.

Magicath BRONZE, Auburn, Alabama

-"Carmen" by Lana Del Rey

Thanks. My ex friend was a homophobe and I am not friends with her anymore. @BabySnickers15

BabySnickers15 SILVER, Columbus, Ohio

"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying" ~Michael Jordan~
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams" ~Franklin Delano Roosevelt~

Im bi and I really like this

Magicath BRONZE, Auburn, Alabama

-"Carmen" by Lana Del Rey

Oh wow. Thanks. I believe that too. I live in the south and have southern baptist friends. @ScarletCity

ScarletCity PLATINUM, High Ridge, Missouri

Anything that can be done, can be undone. ~Scarlet City
http://eepurl.com/dcyZMn

Reading this I could tell you were catholic before you stated it. I am southern Baptist, so we believe things a little differently. But, I do believe God has the power to forgive sinners (Gays, in this article) if they ask forgiveness.