Death- A Short Story | Teen Ink

Death- A Short Story

By kerosene_kisses BRONZE, Iuka, Mississippi
kerosene_kisses BRONZE, Iuka, Mississippi

Your mom and dad weren't home neither was your sister. Life had been so hard for you lately. Kids were only getting worse and worse. Nothing was going good, and you couldn't hang on anymore. You wished you could end it all. It's not like anyone will miss me, you thought. With these thoughts in mind, you headed for the shed. You knew there would be a rope there. After finding the rope you headed back inside. There was a footstool in the bathroom, you grabbed that too.

Before making a noose and tying it around the ceiling fan, you wrote your family a note. With the note in hand and footstool under your feet, you set the noose loosely around your neck on top of your shoulders. This is the end you thought. After this all your worries would be gone. Your family could go on with their lives, the kids at school would be a lot happier without you there. With one jump you could easily end your life. 1...2...3, jump. All you could see was darkness. it was over you thought. it's all over, I can be free.

10 years later

Your mom is an alcoholic and your had dad left her. He wouldn't talk to anyone anymore. Your sister was a single mother of three, and hated herself everyday. All of this was your fault, you could've prevented it. If you would've just forgotten all your selfish thoughts, everything would be okay. All you had to do was talk about what was happening. Someone would've cared, but you had to be selfish. You had to take your life. You were always one to act before you think. You should've thought about what you were doing. You were doubtful, but you didn't think about what would happen to your family. They loved you and you loved them, they loved each other and now they don't even talk to each other

It was a prompt for something in English class, and I turned it into a paper that everyone loved.