A Million Miles Away Pt 2 | Teen Ink

A Million Miles Away Pt 2

By BriannaLogan SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
BriannaLogan SILVER, Brooklyn, New York

If you don't like the way the world is, you change it. You have an obligation to change it. You just do it one step at a time. - Marian Wright Edelman

This book is a sequel of A Million Miles Away pt 1, where main characters, Harry and Vanessa were best friends. They were inseparable at least, that's what they thought. The moment Harry moves to New York with his mom, leaving behind Vanessa in Wisconsin, he not only starts dating but also decided to bring her into Vanessa's house when he comes back to visit her for Thanksgiving.

Chapter 1: He is and always will be mine

Vanessa

I really had a great time with Harry when he came for Thanksgiving. It sucks he had to go back to New York though. I wish he could've stayed here with me but I know it's for the best. I can't believe what he was thinking bringing that skank into my house. Thank Goodness they broke up. From the moment she referred to him as 'Baby' at the airport, I did not like her. After all, Harry was and still is mine. No one can take him away from me and that's a fact.

Chapter 2: Never Forgotten

Harry

I really missed Vanessa. That night we went bowling proved it. To be totally honest, I didn't even think about Maddie one bit. She was the one bit. She was the one that offered to tag along with me on this trip and now when she sees me hanging out with Vanessa she gets jealous?? I didn't bring you here sweetheart. After we broke up, I felt a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. She was always jealous when she saw me around another girl. One time she saw me hugging my cousin Patricia when she came to visit from Texas and assumed I was cheating. It was cute to know that she cared about me that's why she acted like that but after a while, it got ridiculous. I am a faithful guy. I would never cheat on someone I love but it seemed as though she didn't trust me from the beginning and that hurt me a lot. Well, she's out of my life now. Vanessa and I have recently formed a long distance relationship. We talk on Skype mostly every night. If it wasn't for Vanessa, I would say I don't do these types of distant relationships because when I get lonely or desire to hang out with that special someone and she's not here, I would get frustrated. It is Vanessa though, so that's the only reason I'm willing to give it a shot.

I decided to write a sequel after one of my friends encouraged me to. She really enjoyed part 1 so I wrote part 2 just for her.

on Nov. 19 2015 at 2:34 pm
BriannaLogan SILVER, Brooklyn, New York

Thank you to all those reading my work. If you'd like to read more you can follow on my Wattpad @brialogan to get the rest of it.