Making a Difference | Teen Ink

Making a Difference

By Klauffer1522 BRONZE, Connellsville, Pennsylvania
Klauffer1522 BRONZE, Connellsville, Pennsylvania

It is so sad how our society is so consumed with the latest celebrity gossip and not what is happening in the Real World. People would rather pretend that it is not happening instead of worrying whether it could happen to them. There are attacks that kill thousands of people in different countries everyday and majority of the world doesn't care because it is not happening in their country. Who cares if other people's lives are lost and families are destroyed. So what a wife or husband does and they never see their families again.

It didn't have an affect or impact on you, right?

Wrong.

It has an affect on the whole world not just where the problem is located at. No one is going to care, have fear of dying or pray until it happens to them; which by that time it will be too late.

Get off your phones and tv that are nothing but a distraction.

Get on your knees and pray to God that he will keep you safe. Pray that violence will end and peace will replace it. It starts with a single person. A person who can make a difference.

It that you?

I hear people say "why should I care, it's not happening here" and I disagree with what they say because it will happen here in time make sooner than we think.

m-ashreader GOLD, Homercity, Pennsylvania

"You never know until you try!" -author unknown

This is by far one the best articles on here. I cannot put it any better than you did!! I'm truly touched that you wrote this!!! Thank you for writing the truth