Football Life | Teen Ink

Football Life

By TheRealCGamer BRONZE, Hemet, California
TheRealCGamer BRONZE, Hemet, California

Football. The pastime enjoyed by millions. Every Sunday organized teams compete in sixty minute games testing physical endurance; and every free moment I get, I spend playing catch. It may go without saying that football is my favorite pastime. The game’s appeal comes from both its watchability and playability.  Whether watching football on Sunday with my dad or breaking a sweat out on the field, football will always remain elite in the minds of not just me but many other individuals. 

To my family every Sunday is the big game. More than four hours of the day are spent enjoying America’s game. My father and I spend the morning making our predictions to later find out I was right more. We then generally wait for our teams to play and root for each other’s team. Having a “team” adds an emotional connection that makes the game even more exciting. Whether your team wins or loses, the game is a total thrill ride. The day ends with me and my dad discussing each game’s outcome.

Although a week stands between games, I continue to enjoy football by playing it. Sometimes I play catch with my father and other times I spend throwing the ball to myself.

As a receiver, one who catches the ball, I train my speed, route running, and catching ability.

My goals are to one day make varsity at my high school. Even though it is not a very incomprehensible task, I still continue to train. The tiredness I feel after playing helps me realize that I am one step closer to my goal.
Overall, football’s enjoyability comes from watching and playing the physical sport. Millions of people enjoy watching America’s pastime and millions more enjoy playing it. Both enjoy the sport for its physically challenging and strategic gameplay. If you have not watched a football game, I suggest you do. Football will always remain my favorite pastime.