Breaking A Heart Over Text | Teen Ink

Breaking A Heart Over Text

By mtressler52 GOLD, Defiance, Ohio
mtressler52 GOLD, Defiance, Ohio

Emma H. writes, “Over A Text” which is about how her boyfriend left her and how he did it. Some people fall in love and become obsessed with the person, others were never in love, others never cared about them. They only cared about what the person could give them. Weather it’s popularity, attention, or laughs, when they can’t receive anymore, or they become uninterested with them they dump them. Dump them on the side of the road and abandon them. She was dumped over a text, a text message. Teens today think they can’t do break ups face to face anymore. They are wrong and cowards.  “You deserve to see every inch of that person’s resolve crumbling beneath your feet. You owe it to them to see all the tears, emotions, longing in their eyes. You should hear their voice, trembling with self-loathing, self-doubt, asking why.”  Nothing but the true raw meaning, that’s what Honsowetz writes about. She informs her audience with a rant about how people are too scared to even look someone in the eyes and tell them ‘I’m sorry but it’s over.’ Breaking up with someone should be the hardest event someone would have to do in any relationship. Loving someone is a privilege and an honor. Automatically the relationship is more then just boyfriend and girlfriend, it is a closeness tighter than a best friend relationship. If someone can’t fulfill their privilege anymore, and they have to end it, they should feel awful about themselves. Sadly, this is not usually the case. “If you’re going to love somebody, you have a duty to see it through until the end. Not the end of a text conversation. The end of it in person”. Teenagers should not let someone that they have loved fall down and hate him or herself. Breakups are hard but “if you can still walk away knowing what you’ve done, then you deserve to move on”, they don’t deserve anyone anymore.