Bullying and How It Affects People | Teen Ink

Bullying and How It Affects People

By Vaughn_2213 BRONZE, Enon, Ohio
Vaughn_2213 BRONZE, Enon, Ohio

Bullying is one of the most growing problems in the US. Bullying is anything that you can do to hurt someone emotionally or physically.

There are 3 types of bullying: Verbal, Physical, and Cyber. Cyber is online. Anything that you do online that would hurt someone is called cyber bullying. Physical is hitting, smacking, kicking or touching someone in a form to hurt them. Verbal is through words. Any words you say to hurt someone is Verbal

Ways that you can prevent bullying is to (even though some don’t respond to bullying) to tell a responsible adult. You an also travel in groups because that might intimidate the bully. Another way is to both address them and tell them that what they are doing is wrong or you can just stay out of the way of the bully.

People say that "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me" This is extremely untrue. This is an example of verbal bullying. This really can hurt people and sometimes cause them to commit suicide.

I used to put people down myself. I HATE IT NOW. I saw depressed kids.  I saw how bad it hurt people. I saw people that hated me based on how I acted. Please dont bully. Thank you.

As much as I hate to admit it I used to put other people down based on what they had. I realized it was wrong and stopped.