Black and White Violence | Teen Ink

Black and White Violence

Black on Black violence should stop because it affects African American all over the world.In Chicago a fraternity comes together to spread the need for change in communities where violence is occuring. Black lives matter movement and other race related protests are quick to criticize  marchers for ignoring so called black on black crime and for only speaking out when a white police officer is involved in a black person’s death.

African Americans in this time are so stuck on how white people treat them,even if that may be true, we need to understand that black on black violence is also occurring and becoming a big problem. According to the Huffington post,”violent crime is based on approximately nearly all percent of black victims are murdered by black offenders while 83 percent of white victims are killed by another white person.” It shows that more blacks are killing each other than whites are, society today only wants to hear what they may believe is a problem many.For example, the cases with Trayvon Martin, Michael Brown, and oscar Grant are situations where African Americans were killed by white police officers unjustly but on the other hand there are multiple killings going on in the united states everyday involving gang violence and domestic disputed ending in Black people killing each other.

In Chicago the crime rate is high african americans in gang related communitie, a 19 year old and a 14 year old was charged with murder of a man wielding a toddler this incident was related to a gang initiation. Anyone can be affected by violence even people who are innocent civilians, nowadays people don't care if your are white,black, asian, or mexican innocent or Not violence will still be present.