Letter to Ms. Graham | Teen Ink

Letter to Ms. Graham

By 1234567891011121314151617 BRONZE, Skokie, Illinois
1234567891011121314151617 BRONZE, Skokie, Illinois

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
-Mark Twain

Dear Ms. Graham,

When I entered sixth grade, my hands trembled and I feared the worst. The second I walked into Life Skills, you welcomed me into the class and into middle school. The infamous Master Lock seemed uncrackable until you taught me how to twirl the dial to open my locker. When I thought of a B+ as the end of the world, you helped me realize a bad grade only reflects badly on someone when accompanied with a lackadaisical attitude. Even when school looked grim, you helped me look at the situation optimistically and from more than one point of view. With a year under my belt, seventh grade seemed easy. You helped convince me otherwise.

With confidence and gusto I walked into my first day of seventh grade. Although having me for three periods a day probably scarred you for life, the experience still proved amazing for me. My admiration for your ability to teach 60 individual and unique children a day, astounds me. Even an hour working on grammar seemed worthwhile in your class. Struggling with projects or essays became commonplace and you made me work for a quality grade.

For the first time in my academic career, I enjoyed going to school to learn and research. Each class’s structure helped me challenge myself while staying within reasonable limits. Bringing Munchkins to class only increased my admiration for you. Your happiness when I succeeded, and dismay when I failed, helped me and will continue helping me in the future. Although my time at East Prairie nears it’s end, the lessons you taught me will last a lifetime.

I wrote this letter to my favorite teacher.