Feedback on "Conversing on Converse" | Teen Ink

Feedback on "Conversing on Converse"

By kxtherinechen GOLD, Staten Island, New York
kxtherinechen GOLD, Staten Island, New York

"Remember, if people talk behind your back, it only means you are two steps ahead."

Shoes have always been an important factor of our appearance; but writer Lydia York of "Conversing on Converse" expands further on the importance of shoes. "Conversing on Converse" told a tale about simply, the importance of shoes. The teacher of the story, Mr. Roberts, lectures his class about how shoes have a deep symbolic meaning in freedom, burdens, insult, social status, and identity. Although the class seemed to have a lack of interest in what Mr. Roberts thought was an intriguing lesson, the message shared was definitely one to remember.

I'll have to admit, I was drawn into the piece by the title. Having my own pair of converse, I was curious as to what this piece could be about. My personal favorite part of the writing was the last paragraph, "He tried to be a professional and earn their respect. He even went as far as to purchase brand new, expensive loafers. He thought that the new shoes would make the students see how wise he truly was." I thought this was a great way to end the story, for the sudden plot twist was very enjoyable and humorous.