Animal cruelty around the world | Teen Ink

Animal cruelty around the world

By MLazan BRONZE, Ho Chi Minh City, Other
MLazan BRONZE, Ho Chi Minh City, Other

Over the past centuries, many animals have suffered cruelty from humans. One of the most common cruelty that animals have suffered is being neglected or being beaten. Animals have feelings  just like humans. Therefore, we should also treat them the way we want to be treated because if they treat us the same way we treated them, we are nothing to them without our weapons. Although, some people might say that animals can be dangerous and they can give us too many obligations,  we should think first before we adopt them.

Humans are the only abusers of the animals, because even if we don’t really have to do it we still do it, why? Have you ever thinked of how they felt? even if you don’t see them, what would you do if it happens to you?. The normal abuse we see is animals, why? probably because we don’t focus too much to them. Every animals has a role in the world, therefore we should treat them fairly because we are God’s organism and we need each other to survive. Mahatma Gandhi once said, “The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”. Just like humans, they are also living things and some of them is almost like a human, they also have a feeling, they get hurt. And people? Yes, we do get hurt of course, but those people who hurt them, why do you do this? what do you feel? guilt? probably. People continue to hurt them, why? Because we feel good? because they can’t fight back? because we know we will win anyways?. Yes most animals probably won’t fight back, but if they do, we sure won’t even stand a minute with them.

The most common victims of animal abuse are dogs, cats, horses and livestocks, most of them are used to earn money. One common way of abusing them is cock fighting or dog fighting, I have seen many of these, in the television and sometimes I even pass by a place where this happens mostly in a cockpit arena or just by the streets, people are cheering, making bets and forcing the animal to win so that they’ll earn money easily without even working for it.  Many people these days own pets, and some of them wouldn’t take the obligation to take care of them, they would just leave them alone without proper food or water. They have a little hope to survive and live the life they deserve, some animals are lucky because they get rescued by people who cares and they get to at least experience the life of being a normal organism. Of course not all animals get rescued, because people would see them helpless but they wouldn’t do anything to help them because they expect that others will do it too, but one should start the move by helping these poor animals. Fortunately, in some cities like Switzerland, Germany, United kingdom and Hong kong has a strict rules and regulations about animals, they have a law that animals shouldn’t be hurt intentionally and whoever disobeys the law shall be punished or be fined.

You surely know someone who owns a pet and treats them like they are humans. It is better for an animal to be treated like a normal human than be abused or neglect them. Animals can be dangerous, but if we treat them well they won’t be. We have the power to help them and be their voice so we should be the first one to do this and others will follow. As a citizen, we ourselves should be the first one to take an action by not beating of neglecting the animals and being responsible for them, when we see another animal being helpless or suffering we should give them a proper treatment or call other people or animals rescuers to help.

Although, some people might say that the animal might be getting too dangerous for them and their family or the animal takes so much of their time because of the responsibilities. We humans are the main users of the earth, therefore we can also take actions by  helping the animals. If we are not sure that we can take good care of the animal, better not to get one and let the animal belong to a right owner who so willing to take all the responsibility as a pet owner rather than making the animal suffer by not taking the obligations as a pet owner.

Animals are like humans, they need food, shelter and love too, there is a saying “treat others the way you want to be treated”. Animal cruelty can be easy to be solved, when we take the actions ourselves and not wait for anyone else to do it for you before the animal dies. We can report any animals abuse we see, teach the children to respect the animals and volunteer to an organization which helps these poor animals live the life that they deserve. Animals can’t speak nor can rarely fight back for their selves, so we should be their voice.

I have seen a lot of animals being abused  everywhere I go, and I think that its time for us to make a chage or atleast try to. Animals cannot use their voice to help themselves, we have the voice and we shoult use it to help them.