Internet & Teen Girls | Teen Ink

Internet & Teen Girls

By a3writer SILVER, Sylvania, Ohio
a3writer SILVER, Sylvania, Ohio

There is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. but the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. i'll always be with you. -Christopher Robins

I am a teen girl myself, and we all know that the Internet can be fun, but dangerous. We are constantly using it and doing things we regret. I myself have done things on the internet I regret. But there is only one way to learn from our mistakes, and that is to look back at what you did and learn from it. The choices we make may feel forced but maybe its just because you are hiding behind a screen name. Us girls make bad decisions sometimes, but we can't help it. We're teens. But we need to protect ourselves, our innocence, our bodies, and eachother. We unite as one because we are strong. The internet can take this from us. If we put our minds to it, we can drop the screens from our faces and do something incredible. Be safe. And always know that another girl out there may be going through the same exact thing. We are a whole.