Nomination | Teen Ink

Nomination

By tommy234 BRONZE, Hockessin, Delaware
tommy234 BRONZE, Hockessin, Delaware

i will see you on the beach.

Have you ever had a teacher better than mine?  I doubt it, Senior Chief McClain is the funniest and the most helpful person, and he served in the Navy.  There are many reasons for why he is the best teacher, but the three main reasons I’ll be touching on are how he is an amazing leader, how helpful he is, and how he makes learning in his class fun.

Senior Chief McClain otherwise known as Senior Chief, is one of the best leaders I have ever seen.  He was an E-8 in the United States Navy which means he was senior enlisted personnel.  Senior Chief has all 14 of the leadership traits, which is hard to find in most people.  Every day he tells us our uniforms should be perfect.  He tells us his will be, and if it is not, we should tell him so that his is; that is leading by example.  He will never ask you to do something if he wouldn’t be prepared to do it himself which means a lot to students at school.

Senior Chief is also one of the most helpful teachers I have ever known.  He is willing to do whatever it takes to promote learning in the classroom and to give a helping hand.  Senior Chief is willing to stay after school on almost any day to help students with anything varying from promotion studying, learning military drill, and to help us earn awards.  There has never been a time where I have seen him turn down a chance to help a student.

Senior Chief McClain also makes it fun to learn in his classroom.  It is my favorite class and many others too, just because of how much fun it is.  He is able to have a laugh with the class every day and still manage to get the work done.  Senior Chief not only makes the students laugh, but he makes the teachers and faculty laugh too.  It lightens everyone’s day up when he comes around because they know he will have a joke to tell.

So, have you ever had a teacher that is better than Senior Chief McClain?  I didn’t think so.  Senior Chief is the best leader I know.  He is also one of the funniest teachers, I have never seen a teacher more helpful than Senior Chief McClain.  That is why Senior Chief McClain is the is my nomination for educator for the year.