Take a look through my dream | Teen Ink

Take a look through my dream

By Kaylee Saxton BRONZE, Flower Mound, Texas
Kaylee Saxton BRONZE, Flower Mound, Texas

Beach-a shore of a body of water covered by sand, gravel, or large rock fragments. That's the dictionary's definition, but mine is so much more.

Florida is one of my favorite places in the world, but my favorite place is Destin. The water in Destin is nice, clear, blue water. It's incredibly peaceful. I lay back on the sun sane hot moist sand, shut my eyes, and pretend im in a dream that I never want to wake-up from.

What makes the trip so exciting is being with my family. To me family is the most important thing in life. We barely ever get to spend time together during the school year and what's not better than spending it on a beach? But the funny thing is that we never spend any time together on the beach to, other than at night. My mom is always giber-gabbing with her sister. My dad on the other hand is playing golf with all the guys, and me im stuck like a loner as always. I have tons of cousins, but im the oldest one out of all the kids and sometimes I like to chill with my own age people. Don't get me wrong I love them all to death. I just like to have 'me' time, and relax instead of going 100 miles an hour.

When I lie on the beach and hear the wave's crash up against the short it surprisingly relaxes me. I think about hmm' absolutely nothing. My mind is completely blank from thoughts. No thoughts are racing through my mind just blank, calm, and under control.

I take in the moments I spend with my family because one day they'll all be gone. We should appreciate what we have in life instead of picking out the negatives. As I watch my mom and aunt laugh and my cousins play and splash in the ocean, I lean back and shut my eyes, because I know I will never wake up from what I call my dreamland.