Music and Me | Teen Ink

Music and Me

By austin romer BRONZE, Flower Mound, Texas
austin romer BRONZE, Flower Mound, Texas

'Woohoo!' screams the crowd as I finish my concert. I'm going to tell you why orchestra is a very important thing in my life.

Orchestra is extremely important to me. The first of many reasons why it is important is because it shows people that I'm unique. When
I hold the wood instrument and the plastic bow, I feel a rush of energy run through me. I feel like I have to play some song. When I do play a song, the instrument is singing my uniqueness.

When I see myself in the future, I see myself playing in the Marcus Symphonic Orchestra at the last concert, sitting in the first chair of the violas. That brings me to a second reason. See my dad is sorta-kinda a frugal person. He's always telling me 'It's great that you're playing in orchestra, because that will get you a very good scholarship.' It's important that I do play orchestra, so I don't have hear my dad complain about how expensive my college tuition is.

Now, I come to my third and last reason. It is more important than my last two reasons combined. My mom's parents have passed, which makes me sad, but there's one thing that makes me feel good when I think about them. They loved classical music more than anyone I've ever known. When I hear the crowd cheering for me after a concert, I feel like my grandparents heard me play from heaven. It feels like they're proud of me. I feel amazing when I get that feeling.

As you can see, orchestra is an extremely important thing in my life. There are many reasons why it's important. I hope that with this paper, I've explained to you why it is so important to me.