Fear the Walking Dead | Teen Ink

Fear the Walking Dead

By AbelS. BRONZE, Desert Hot Springs, California
AbelS. BRONZE, Desert Hot Springs, California

Fear The Walking Dead is a prequel to AMC’s Famous The Walking Dead; it follows the story of Travis Manawa and his family during the initial outbreak of the zombie virus in the city of Los Angeles. They’re quarantined within a makeshift military compound, at least before things take a turn for the worst. The first couple of episodes were slow but quickly picked up the pace. This led to a comfortable increase in action but never short of some kind suspense. The season finale answered questions but created more, the classic walking dead formula.

Let‘s talk about the characters. I do like how most of the characters were represented, although they give some kind of background story to each of them they also leave you asking questions, which in turn makes you, the viewer, want to tune into the next episode to see if your questions would be answered and then the next one, and before you know it you’ve finished an entire season! This formula has made a TV show borderline addicting.

In conclusion, this show is definitely worth watching even if it’s only one episode, you’ll be enticed to watch the next. The characters are great. They have unique circumstances and personalities, and the drama? Forget about having a life for the next 2 weeks.