We Are Who We Are | Teen Ink

We Are Who We Are

By Amandanxcole BRONZE, Lebanon, Tennessee
Amandanxcole BRONZE, Lebanon, Tennessee

“I’m in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we’re all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we’ll ever have, and I am in love with you.”
― John Green, The Fault in Our Stars

I woke up to fighting. Someone was angry about the doings of someone else. Why should it matter what the person beside you is doing. I also heard yelling about the religon of the other person. Do I think the other person deserved to be yelled at, no I don't. Can I change that, and could I have prevented them from feeling hurt, and confused? Absolutely not. Can I keep in mind that everyone is different, yes. EVERYONE IS BEAUTIFUL. There's not one person who doesn't have a flaw. Even the rich girls who's daddy pays for her friends. There's a reason she's like that. She doesn't know any better. We were all raised different ,and we have different views on things. Keep in mind that no one wants to be picked on, or bashed for being who they were raised up to be. Cut them some slack. Be the one who stops, and gives them a smile. You could even save someone's life by giving them a small, sweet smile.