What Are WE? | Teen Ink

What Are WE?

By cindy_perez BRONZE, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
cindy_perez BRONZE, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Write a story about what you never do.
Or about what would happen if you told someone the truth. um Julia and Stephen share first
Julia (all to herself) what should I write oh I know.
You should never fall in love. Love the confusion and happiness you get when you see the person you love. No you shouldn't love someone….
(Meanwhile Stephen)
Mmm I know what I should write
Her reality would shatter if I told her the truth.And with This I was left all day and night to haunt me……
Miss. light is it time to share
Yes indeed it is..
Julia time to share
Um ok…..
You should never fall in love. Love the confusion and happiness you get when you see the person you love. No you shouldn't fall in love. Love is a four letter lie. A lie that gets bigger by the second,minute,hour,day,week,month ok I think I get it. Why fall in love when you'll just fall out of love. Why go through all the confusion all the ups and downs of a relationship. Why fall in love when you will later feel like you're not good enough. You only want them in your arms feel like nothing  can destroy this moment. Yea I loved him and he left me when I needed him
The most . Love is dumb and if you fall in love you only lose. You lose a game that should never be played so you should never fall in love.
(Applause )
Okay Stephen your turn
Ummmm ok…
Her reality would shatter if I told her the truth And with this I was left all day and night to haunt me . A reality that had to be told. Should I tell her I never loved her. Should I tell her that all the promises were just lies. All
those stories about love meaningless that I used her to get Jealous the true love I wanted.
Okay very good

(After the competition)
So you never loved me, you know what I loved you but now I know you weren't worth my time.
No Julia I did end up loving you but I was just… well thought I wasn’t good enough.
You know what Stephen I'm glad you left I don't need you I'm so much without you. I don't have to be worried about how you feel anymore( turns away and starts crying) yea you can't even look at me you're mad I'm Better without you.
Look I'm just going to leave you right now you seem very emotional. Umm bye

(Julia starts screaming)
Look I loved you and so much but you used me to get a love that isn't even worth it. Look you can do whatever you want but just know I'm not here forever.
I never loved you it's true I used you but I didn't break up with you because of her I'm just not good enough and you know me I can really hurt you julia.I don't want you to be that girl that cries in a room i really care about you all i want is to see you happy  be there for you in your ups and downs.

Stephen why do you say these beautiful things but then hurt me so much.
I just don’t  want you to hurt  so i hurt you anyways cuz I’m dumm
So…
So…
And then they both Knew what had to happen that they were both wrong about there feelings.

I just feel like this is somthing the happenes all the time without them wanting to.