The Exotic Notebook | Teen Ink

The Exotic Notebook

By kcinthehouse GOLD, Lincolnshire, Illinois
kcinthehouse GOLD, Lincolnshire, Illinois

"Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard."-Tim Notke

Once upon a time, there was a notebook.  This notebook was the most exotic notebook in stores all over the land. Pages were crisped to the finest, and it had the cleanest and shiniest cover that sparkled like a sun over the sea.  Dents or creases in this notebook were not detectable, and the spirals were as even as they could be. 
Because this particular notebook was so perfect, everyone wanted it.  But, it just so happened to belong to an eraser who went by the name Pink P, and another eraser who went by the name Magic R. One might wonder how the two even gained possession of this impeccable notebook. Basically, Pink P and Magic R pen won it in a race against Sushi and Pizza. The two teams decided to race for custody of the notebook.  As the race started, Pink P yelled out,” I will e-race you off the face of this Earth”.  Sushi and Pizza were so caught up in laughing, that Pink P and Magic R won easily. Before they left, Sushi and Pizza warned them about the trouble the notebook would cause, but Pink P and Magic R did not care in the slightest. 
The next day, Magic R and Pink P were on a stroll through the park. After quite some time, the two companions decided to take a break and go for some ice-cream. They dropped off the irresistible notebook on a bench and headed off.  Probably not their best idea.
On their way back, they spotted two pencils. And they could not believe what they saw. The pencils were drawing on the page of the notebook. Magic R was so upset, he marched right up to the taller pencil and stated,”If you do not leave, I will break you. And you know what a broken pencil is...pointless.”  The pencil just rolled its eyes and retorted,”Oh right, and I’m the owner of this notebook.” Now it was Pink P’s turn to step up.” Of course the notebook is ours.”  The shorter, stubbier pencil shrugged,” Whatever dude, I’m out of here.”  Once they were at a safe distance, they started gossiping and cleaning the notebook.
“I can not believe the nerve of those pencils,”
“Well who would expect less? There is a reason why they are #2 pencils and not #1”
“I guess you are right.”
Once they had finished erasing all the zig zags and swirls and doodles in the book, they noticed that most of the pages were still crisp, and the cover was still shiny, but the first few pages were crinkled. Not liking the thought of an imperfect notebook, Pink P and Magic M ripped out the pages. Realizing their mistake only after, they groaned.
“Well, now the notebook has less pages.”
“Whatever… I mean, it is still in good condition, I guess.”

An hour later…

Lying in the bed of grass, Pink P and Magic R were admiring the clouds. The clusters of vapor were a pretty sight, but not as pretty as the notebook. Soon, all thoughts were drifting away as Magic R and Pinky P fell into a deep slumber. Three hours later, they saw a pen doodling in the pages.
“What are you doing?”
“Duh I’m doodling.”
Suddenly a sharpie saw the erasers and pen by the notebook and thought it was a party. He started doodling in the book too.
“DUDE what do you think you are doing?”
“Well duh I’m joining the party.”
Magic R literally face palmed. Everyone in the city had come to draw in the notebook. Finally, Pink P and Magic R had enough.  They got up, and left. As they turned the corner, they saw the notebook with scribbles, and doodles, and drawings, and lines, and shapes, and all different kinds of marks on the pages. The paper was all wrinkled, the cover had tears and rips, and it was not as glorious as it once was. The two erasers shook their heads and continued down the road.

Two months later…

Two markers, Cratoyabbl and Opdiwnd were walking down the pathway. Crossing the street, they noticed something sitting on a bench. It was an exotic notebook…