The Gaels season | Teen Ink

The Gaels season

By Brandenwheeler123 BRONZE, Dublin, California
Brandenwheeler123 BRONZE, Dublin, California

The Gaels enter the field.  The crowd whoops.  “ There are so many students attending this game Bob, don’t you think?”  “Well they are playing against the best high school in state.” says Bob. “This is only a freshmen game though!” De la Salle steps onto the field, and the sound of booing is deafening.  Dublins is fired up! Our  quarterback David Smith  says his prayers. Time for kickoff with our kicker Josh Ballard.  Josh kicks it back to our end zone, about 60 yards. “First D! First D,”  the Gaels coach shouts.  De la Salle’s  offense hops on the field.  Looks like Dublin’s blitzing, it’s the way their defense is set up. The Quarterback David shouts, “ready, set, hut, go!” The first snap, Inside run, just a 3 yard gain, not that much. “You know Bob,  their defense has improved from the pre season games, it was terrible,” said the commentator.   “Base d, base d,” the coach calls. De La Salle’s Quarterback  has only scored 3 touchdowns this season.  Sometimes fans  expect more from him, he’s Sean David, after all. He’s one of the best Quarterbacks in the game of high school football. 

It’s second and seven, Dublin is still fired up. The quarterback Sean David calls a huddle. “36 Blast stuff on 3, ready, break!”   Offensive line calls,  “ROCKY ROCKY, CREED CREED!”   “Ready set, hut, hut, hut!” The quarterback drops back 5 yards, finds a man open and stuffs him for a 36 yard pass. Dublin’s defense are furious from this long yard gain. De La Salle’s offense are at the 40 yard line. Timeout Gaels! The coach angrily berates the players: “You guys gave away 36 yards!” He yells obscenities at them. The players run back onto the field. They want to play hard! De La Salle calls a huddle, “82 toss crack on 3, break! Ready, set, hut! Go, set, ready!” The ball is snapped away, the running back gets the ball and dodges Dublin defenders left to right.  A strong safety comes out of nowhere and tackles the running back so quickly that the running back doesn’t have any time to juke or truck him.  De La Salle’s offense only gained a yard that play. It’s now 4th and 3. “What shall De La Salle’s offense do,?” asks Bob. “Should they punt it, or go for it?”
“Looks like De La Salle is punting it,” says Dublin’s defense coordinator.

Dublin and De La Salle special teams come on the field. De La Salle has its punt unit out, and Dublins punt return out. De La Salles punter punts it about 49 yards, Dublin catches it and tries to run as far as they can until De La Salle tackles the reciever. Dublin gets it up to their 28 yard line. Dublins offense coordinater shouts “first offense, first offense!” Dublins quarterback steps up. “Gael 89 blast on 2, ready break!” Ready go, set, hut, go, set, hut, ready! The ball is snapped off, Dublins Quarterback hands off to the running back,  “he runs so fast”  says bob. He runs 18 yards, what an amazing first down run from Smith dean. Dublins offensive coordinator shouts, “lets go dublin, thats what i want every play!” Dublin calls a huddle, 45 dive pass on 2, ready break! The quarterback lines up. “Ready, set , hut , go , ready, hut! Dublin passes to his reciever for a 58 yard touchdown! “Well, bob, the half is over, i think it’s time to go”. Good luck gaels!

I just wanted to talk about how the Gaels season is going to go down now that were in eball