What Matters | Teen Ink

What Matters

By Austin Mckellar BRONZE, Belmont, Michigan
Austin Mckellar BRONZE, Belmont, Michigan

Are there things in your life that matter? I have many things that matter to me but my favorite one to watch and play is basketball. I love to watch it so much because it can be so exciting. I love to play the game because I love to play in close games. My three favorite players have to be Lebron James, J.J Redick and Kobe Bryant. They are fun to watch and are very good players. They all have great attitudes and are great leaders on the team.

I think J.J Redick does very well at shooting, maybe even one of the best. He was absolutely amazing in college at Duke University. He was so good at Duke they even retired his jersey number. He persevered even when times were down. If they were losing, he never gave up.

Lebron James is one of the most versatile players to watch. He can do it all: shoot, drive, play good defense, be a good team player and pass. He's also very clutch down the stretch. He came right from high school into the NBA, which usually doesn't happen very often. He put so much hard work into this sport, and that's why he matters to me.

Kobe Bryant is a good player also. He can play defense, shoot and also drive like Lebron. I think he is better then Lebron James, but they are both amazing. He is following in his father's footsteps and playing in the NBA. He, like Lebron, came straight out of high school.

I admire these players because they all put so much time into the sport, and someday maybe I could do that as well. They make me want to set goals for myself and someday be as amazing as them at something, and that's what matters to me.

Sincerely,
Austin M.