Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2009 | Teen Ink

Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2009

By Devin Ledesma BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
Devin Ledesma BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado

Have you ever played a hunting game where an animal charges you and you fumble with the gun trying to shoot it to only die a few seconds later? You may now kiss those games goodbye because 'Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2009' has come and blown those games to smithereens. There are 25 dangerous animals to hunt and 5 continents to hunt on.

You play the role as the protagonist Flint Abrahms, a hunter who seeks to be recognized world wide as a trophy hunter. At the beginning of the game you are in Russia, hunting red deer, with your friend and mentor, Sergei. While taking pictures of your trophy deer, a bear comes and attacks you. The bear quickly takes Sergei out and comes for you. You dodge his first attack, slash back with your knife, then barrel roll out of his next attack to find yourself unconscious. When you wake up the bear is gone and Sergei is dead. Soon after you find yourself in Zambia hunting lion, though still mourning Sergei's death. You go on a lion hunt learning more of the ropes. After you take down a monster lion your camp members call you via walkie-talkie. The pride is angry that you shot their leader and are raiding your camp. You save the people and go on to the next level. Through this game you help many people with their jobs or by saving their lives.

The newest concept of this game is the 'hand to claw combat'. This feature allows you to take out a knife or your gun and make life saving decisions. For instance a hyena is chasing you and instead of trying to get the last shot off you pull out a knife and slash its throat instead. Or a cougar tackles you and you take it down a mountain to suppress the attack.

This game is a good one for your game system. Although it has a strict storyline, you can shoot everything in sight. The game has over 30 weapons to choose from to fit your hunting style. Will you go with the .700 Nitro Express Rifle or the 30- 30 Lever for your high power rifle. Is the semi- automatic .308 your gun or the 30- 06 for a low powered rifle? Will you take the 50 cal. hunting pistol or the .475 hunting pistol? As you can see this game has some lean to the options you can take. Things just keep getting better and better because you can upgrade your gun from thing like a zoom able scope to a custom made trigger to an extended magazine clip. It makes you feel like it's your gun and you are in control of it.
This game would be good for any fantasy hunter or real one to somebody who just likes to shoot things. And with 'action mode' you can be trigger-happy. You just shoot all the animals in the area and move on to the next. This game is little known but hopefully I can change its reputation with this article. This game makes you feel like you aren't playing a game, but actually in the game shooting the gun and operating freely. This game is rated 'T', but I don't think that is of concern for most people, just for blood and violence.

dj ayers said...
on Sep. 29 2010 at 8:17 am
dj ayers, Bruceton, West Virginia
I thought that dangorous hunts was a beast of a game it had it all from guns the to bows i beat the game i thought it had good graphic but that ios just my apeanion when i played i really thought i was hunting lol