Remembering an Old Friend | Teen Ink

Remembering an Old Friend

When I was younger someone once told me “keep trucking or its going to kill you in the long run.” While starting to know more people at new school, my aunt made me join Boy Scouts. I personally think Boy Scouts is trying to get city boys surviving in the woods like some modern hunters. While most the stuff I already knew, the Boy Scout leaders always held me back even though I knew I could do more than the rest of the scouts. Though Boy Scouts was a pain in my neck, I got a couple of good things out of it, one of them a good friend Ryan J., a fellow scout.

I didn’t really get to know Ryan until we started having meetings at Mason’s house. Mason was another scout and his mother was our Scout Master. Most of the time we wouldn’t talk until Masons which, that’s when we actually started a friendship. During our friendship Ryan and a few other people got me into different video games like Halo and COD (Call of Duty). Now looking back at it I don’t know where I would be, because the games he showed me calmed me down whenever I get frustrated with things or to kill time.

Though he’s moved to Salisbury, North Carolina which is 1,132 miles away, I can still go and visit him when I get older. Though the reason why he moved away is good for him and his family because his father got given a different job. After them leaving we lost a bit of Amery with his dad being our postmaster at the time and a friend to most of us.

I’ve got to thank Ryan for changing my life through gaming. While the change in my life I’ve become more interested into electronics, but still keeping snowmobiling and riding wheeler in my life.