Who I Would Want to meet from the Past | Teen Ink

Who I Would Want to meet from the Past

By herbstjosh219 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
herbstjosh219 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

If there is one historical figure I would want to meet, it’d be Chris Kyle. Chris was a US Navy SEAL veteran and sniper. He served four tours in Iraq and received many commendations for his acts of heroism. Chris, in my opinion, is the definition of a true hero.
Not only did he serve in the Navy and then became a SEAL, but he also was a very respected sniper that raked up the most kills in US history at 160 confirmed kills. I would want to meet Chris because I really like what he did. He was protecting and fighting for our country. I have a lot of respect for those who fight for our country because it takes something that not everyone has. Plus the fact that he worked super hard to become as good a sniper as he was. I know how hard it is to work to become the best at something.
But after he returned home after his final tour, Chris and a friend, Chad Littlefield, went to a shooting range with Eddie Routh. Eddie had been suffering from severe PTSD. Eddie ended up shooting and killing both Chris and Chad.