Misjudged | Teen Ink

Misjudged

By Gonzalez-Gutierrez BRONZE, Sacramento, California
Gonzalez-Gutierrez BRONZE, Sacramento, California

"graduating is harder than crossing the border"

It was the first day of school in my 7th grade year. My first period teacher was nice she was funny, after first period I walked in my 2nd period class I sat down and when I saw my teacher I was like she must be nice too maybe even nicer than my 1st period teacher. My teacher was short blonde with blue eyes. She looked nice but she did not talk nice it was like she already hates us. my teacher's name is ms. cantwell. After that day I went home and the next day when I walked in my class, ms.cantwell told us to go on a page and write about what it talks about. I was confused and unsure and I said “ms cantwell I don't understand how to do this”.

“Read the text again and if you still don’t understand well that's on you” ms cantwell replied.

“Wow” I cried.

“What?” she yelled.

“Nothing” I replied I stood up.

“You want detention?” she hesitated.

“I didn't do anything all I asked is for your help!” I yelled.

“No what you did is disrespect me don't you talk back to a teacher you're going down stairs!” yelled.

I sat down and ignored her the whole period. After that day i ignored ms cantwell on
everything she told me, even if i had a question i didn't ask i just asked my friends and they would help me. I really misjudged her i was thinking she is really nice but was actually mean, but at the end we were cool with each other and nowadays I just don't care the way she is, she can be mean or nice it doesn't matter she's not my teacher anymore.