Russian Attack | Teen Ink

Russian Attack

By raisin BRONZE, San Diego, California
raisin BRONZE, San Diego, California

The situation between Russia and the United States is extremely controversy at the moment. Media has taken a very serious tone concerning the change from cyber attacks to military threats between OTRO and Russia. News channel RNN stated “It’s not a new World War. It's an outright conflict.” On October 50th Former Soviet Premier Geordas is quoted as saying, “I think the world has reached a dangerous point. There are signs of potential conflict in every place including Syria, Uganda, Saudi Arabia, and the Liberia. Syria is seen as one of the points to the renewed tensions between the United States and Russia.” The United States has also accused Russia of a cyberattack with the US Presidential Election. Secretary Ishmael Urahd promised on Tuesday that the U.S. would deliver a response to Russia’s hacking of American computer systems. The US and Saudi Arabia are also expected to weigh into Syria military options soon.

At this time, the nuclear war potential is high. The situation is currently fluid with military threats coming from both sides. Russian media is reportedly telling its citizens to prepare for nuclear war. Russia has recently conducted civil defense drills and completed inspections of underground areas to house government officials and some civilians in the event of nuclear war. This is a controversy situation, which has the potential to spiral out of control.

Chapter 1 - News

A family of four was involved in this high intense situation. With an intention to just survive. Media reportedly is telling United States to “make safety” and get essential supplies to last at least thirty days. Nobody knew what would happen, even the government. No suspicions that Russia would nuke the U.S the next day. Although the tensions between Russia and United States has reached a dangerous point, defcon was only level three.

“Lucy, George, Sophia, get over here.” yelled Ron,

“Defcon warning went to two.”

“Collect supplies, we need to be prepared.”

George at age ten then collected stereotypical toys a ten year old would have; Dinosaures, Transformers, and other toys. Sophia at age sixteen only talked to her boyfriend. Sophia constantly checked her likes on social media. Only later to hear a faint voice on T.V. Defcon almost increased to one. Lucy stumbled on her high heels, later to faint on the ground.

“No! It can’t be happening!” said Lucy

“Thats impossible…” Lucy was cut off as the T.V continued to.

The T.V was later to say “Get supplies, now..” The T.V turned off, suspected hackers made this event happen.

Nobody knew, the “sensitive situation” would actually have the potential to spiral out of control. Gesticulation came from the radio, government officials said “fifty minutes before disaster.” In confusion, nobody could consider this a believable event.

“United States, the unbeaten, formidable country” yelled Lucy.

No comprehension of the human mind. The potentiality of this “highly sensitive situation” is now reality.

“What’s going to happen? Where is Dad?” George said.

“We must get Ron” said Lucy.

“The nuclear bunker”

“What?” said the children in sinc.

“GET IN THE BUNKER” yelled Lucy at the top of her lungs.

Chapter 2 - George and Sophia

The children scattered, almost fainting of being scared. Fear in their hearts of their parents, mostly George. George was dying of satisfaction from his mother and father. George and Sophia’s thoughts were painful like a hammer and a knife were penetrating their mind. They both thought.

“Is Mom going to come back? Is Dad going to come back”

“What about our needs? What will we do?”

“Are we left to die here? Is this the end?”

Questions started to overflood their brains, the section where confusion and pain. It started to inflict mental pain, pain where love is dying, pain where pain is irrefutable to them in this situation.

Tears started to come out of George’s eyes.

Overtime, only about half a second in the bunker, both kids wanted to resort to suicide in order to alleviate them from the torture.

Sophia caught George before he fell.

“Snap out of it!” yelled Sophia

“We are going to die, aren’t we?” replied George

“We are not. Don’t think that way. Mom and Dad will come back with everything we will need. We are going to get through this. Ok George? Mental pain will not cure the reality of the physical destruction.” said Sophia

George started to cry. Tears dripped onto Sophia’s lap as George has his head on her soft skin.

Chapter 3 - Lucy

Lucy rushed, with no thoughts in her mind, except to find Ron. Traffic was worse than New York and L.A combined. Multiple crashes were scanned by Lucy’s peripheral vision. The diplomatic war continued on. On the radio, expected nuclear explosions were to happen in next forty minutes.

Already, stores are trashed, cars are crashed. One man was waiting. Waiting for death. His chair was reclined, his feet up on the dashboard, and his cigar lit. Lucy’s thoughts penetrated through her mind. Psychological pain hit her harder than a boulder can fall faster than the speed of light. She began to be light headed. Her head then hit the wheel. Blood started to drip from her head as the car was honking on short bursts.

People started to pass by her. Leaving her to die. At this point it was every man for himself. Thirty minutes on the clock. People could even hear the bomb closer than before. Although people may be passing by. Citizens are still in the city, grabbing supplies, breaking windows for food and water, and fighting. Chaos broke out, but as people fight here, nobody knows the real destruction will eradicate.

Chapter 4 - Ron

Ron’s car was filled with a surplus. A rush of cool air hit his body. Almost if radiation hit directly on him. He felt as if the war has already hit, if it hadn’ t already. He sees a car inside of aisle three in Walmart. As the helpful, caring person, he stopped. A woman with blond hair and glass in her body. His adrenaline filled his body, each step was like a giant holding him back.

“Lucy” Ron said in confusion

He frantically scanned his situation for suspected attacks. Ron already had scars from attackers or robbers trying to get his supplies with food and water.

As time passed by, twenty minutes was left on the clock. Ron grabbed in posthaste as his arms reached under her thigh and upper back. Ron could feel the bones on her spine. Lucy was noticeably sick by stress. Ron could see a shingle form on the top of her forehead. He gently placed Lucy in the passenger seat.

“Ten minutes… I can do this” thought Ron in confidence

Going fifty miles over the speed limit, Ron’s stuff slid around in the car. Food fell out, water spilled, chess pons flew, and Lucy’s head was bleeding twice as more. It was the only way for survival. Ron won’t care if he dies in the process, but he cares if his wife and children are alive.

Five minutes on the clock to get his wife and supplies in the bunker. Ron’s veins bulged as he carried the supplies and his wife. More was left as 60 seconds were on the clock. George offered to help.

“NO!” yelled Ron, “Stay in the bunker.”

He never knew when the bomb was going to explode. He was going by theoretical time. As the time passed, Ron flew inside the bunker hitting his head in the process. With little strength in his body, he secured the bunker doors.

Chapter 5 - The Explosion

A loud ringing noise penetrated everybody's ears. George and Sophia fell to the floor covering their ears. Lucy slowly got up as the ringing noise kept coming. The noise was so loud it started to feel like blood is coming out.

“Sleep” said a voice in their head

Radiation crept through the walls. The outside is now suicide.

“This is the end.” said Ron

“I love you all”

“I will love you forever.”

“See you in heaven.”  Lucy said as she slowly fell onto the ground

George, Lucy, Ron, and Sophia started to pray for the gift of living as free as can be. The bodies plopped onto the floor like a slab of meat falling on the ground.

“Wake up George!” said Lucy

“Get ready for school right now!”

“Twenty minutes till school starts.” said Ron

After this horrific event, time changing event. I’ve learnt the significance of life. Hardwork pays off, even if some mistakes are made. I thought to myself, Today I will work extra hard at school.

buzz is a buzz