Rambling Testament of Art | Teen Ink

Rambling Testament of Art

tes·ta·ment
/?test?m?nt/
noun
1.
a person's will, especially the part relating to personal property.
2.
something that serves as a sign or evidence of a specified fact, event, or quality.
"growing attendance figures are a testament to the event's popularity"

Film is storytelling. Paintings are visual representation of a person’s thoughts or memories. Music is the visual aspect of a painting or graphic. Art is a testament. Philosophy seems to wrap the possibilities and revelations of art and science. Art is the largest human mystery. Art is the most loved thing human beings have come across. No matter the conflict, no matter the costs and sacrifices we have faced, art has stayed with us no matter the cost. We see life as a movement, not as a passage of time. A movement. A movement is what moves us and gives off messages. Not some scientific probability. Hell, barely a religious document. We all have a thing in common. We appreciate things. Art helps us do that. Film is storytelling. We as humans tell each other stories. These stories influence our past present and future events. Our leaders use them as reminder, and maybe even backup plans. Sometimes rambling of things to come gets our thinkers, philosophers something to do. The more we ramble on about where and when, the better our society gets. The more beautiful our nations get. Ever since the first passage of writing, books have helped us see through present problems. Film does that also, but in more radical terms. We see through our characters eyes as if they are our close friends. But after, reality proves we’ve experienced them for an hour and a half or so. Our consciousness helps us see the contrast between fact or fiction. Modern times though, have proven that we cannot always define fake from true events around us. We cannot tell a true testament of false happenings.

The paragraph I wrote was a weak piece of rambling that music helped me write, composed of mostly very general material and ideas. Although whoever reads this may have wandered through it, it made inspiration. Maybe a little maybe a lot. Depending on the mindset. Art is all about your voice. Maybe not always your physical verbal voice, but expression. This is just a testament that I decided to write to ease the mental struggle of managing the future. I want to be a filmmaker, but I don’t know how I am to be one. I just hope this “Untitled document” I’ve written helps me juice up the philosophical experience I want to express into my future works. Philosophy doesn’t always deal with the history of the universe, god, or humanity. Sometimes it could just help us tell each other what we’re thinking, even if our thoughts provide a heavy ton for few. I hoped you like this inkling of a testament to my deep deep deep deep ongoing awkward, bored, troubled, cringey, loving, lost youth mind.

I’m not really like this. My outside personality is not one of philosophy, troubled, deep, sad, panicky, or anxious. This is just what the deep dark area of my brain spilled out when I was trying to find a good song.