Pesticides | Teen Ink

Pesticides

By adz22 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
adz22 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

If it has the suffix “cide” in it, then they know it is meant to kill something, and that word is in pesticides therefor it means to kill.Pesticides are designed to kill insects, fungus, bacteria and other things that feed on crops, are vectors for disease, nuisances, and things that destroy property, but they also destroy the environment at the same time. Pesticides can also be a genetically modified organism that no one can not see, but they ensure they get their crops killer and eliminate it, no matter how it hurts the environment or the consumers at risk from the pesticide.

Pesticides are just like killing machines even though they protect us from diseases there are many deadly diseases in the pesticides which people think is protecting us from the disease. This information was found in “Effects of pesticides”.

Pesticides kill rodents and one of those rodents are rats which carry over 20 different diseases and most of which are lethal to humans if ingested, which is happening when people eat a food that has  been sprayed to protect us from that disease.”Insects make up three-fourths of all the animal species on earth. Insects such as beetles and worms can easily infest and destroy crops. Rodents also cause damage to crops both while they are growing and in storage”(Why do farmers use pesticides on their crops?) .Pesticides are also sometimes microorganisms which kill the diseases that float through the air and latch onto our food that is being grown in crop fields. And pesticide residue kills whatever is in the ground from years of bacterial buildup and in most crop fields pesticides kill animals.  This can affect the next crop planted in that area because that animal can be carrying diseases which get trapped in the ground. When the plants roots spread out and the roots look for nutrients it can have residual from that animal in the nutrient.  Then the plant is eating those to fuel it into the plant that is then being put in our super markets for us to purchase.

While pesticides protect us they harm us at the same time people think they are protecting us from the diseases they are slowly killing us at the same time.

Pesticides keep costs of vegetables and fruits down. The three reasons for this is because without pesticides it would be harder to grow pest free food there for raising the price on healthy fruits and vegetables. The other reason for this is that without pesticides it would cause poor families food that has not been pasteurized harder causing diseases among poor people.

Pesticides protect our food and without pesticides the poor would have to eat unpasteurized food causing diseases such as cancer, heart disease, and many more that can and will kill. Also pesticides keep the cost of fruits and vegetables down and without them it would make it harder to grow pasteurized food.  There for causing the price in fruits and vegetables to sky rocket.”Growing your own produce. Growing your own crops means that you can use healthful methods to control any pest”(effects of pesticides)  It is important to recognize that the real price of food and feed products has fallen consistently during the last 50 years. This is not “out of the blue” but from enormous improvements in productivity by producers. These productivity improvements have risen from the advances of new technologies and techniques.

Pesticides keep the cost of food for the poor down and protect us from the everyday diseases on our food and these three reason show the importance of pesticides in our everyday life.

Most pesticides are fast acting and disappear into the air fast enough to where other animals can not be harmed by them. The three reasons for this is because they make pesticides which act fast enough to disappear before an animal gets it, another reason is some pesticides go into the plant's cells where it can not harm the outside and what is around the plant. The final reason is that pesticides normally are not harmful unless touched or activated from the thing activating it.  These types of pesticides are not toxic to humans.

Some of these pesticides are called systemic pesticides which protect the inside and outside of the plant, but these are never toxic to humans and disappear in less than one hour normally. “Farmers use pesticides because they act fast, quickly knocking out pests before the pests can destroy much of the crop” (Why do farmers use pesticides on their crops?)  Another reason is that most of these types of pesticides are inside the plant's cells and can not harm bees and other insects that land on the plant, and these also act as nutrients to the plant there for helping it to grow and build its defense system up.  Also a reason is that most pesticides to be toxic need to be touched or activated. Then causing harm or damage to the thing that touched it, but they are normally never toxic to humans.

These types of pesticides are not harmful and will not harm our environment or use. With the use of these types of pesticides people can protect the environment and the environment will protect us back.

Counterclaim:Pesticides can be toxic to humans causing diseases,health issues,and death.

Not all pesticides are harmful and cause pain to humans and animals. Most pesticides are accused of killing living things when it is our fault for this to be happening.

Some companies have developed a microorganism pesticides that is not harmful to humans,but still big enough to where it will kill the insect invading the crop/destroying the crop. Also part of the environment being killed by pesticides is our fault because people are the ones that think having pesticides protect our food when most of the germs on our food caused without pesticides is not harmful to use and will cause no damage to us and our environment. Also most of the microorganism pesticides demonstrate natural effectiveness without any human manipulation to the chemical.These types are never poisonous to our environment and us/farmers using the pesticides.

Even though people blame the pesticide the only thing use citisense have to blame is ourselves. Not all pesticides are harmful to the environment so many of us are trying to protect,but the most important is that people are being harmed by these types of pesticides.

Pesticides help us to control pests,but they hurt our environment just as much as they help it. The environment provides us with the plants and if people are killing it people would not have food to survive.Pesticides do help keep our plants pest free and ready for use to eat. They also help control unwanted pests,but what about the pests needed for the plants to grow.Even though pesticides protect us does not mean it is right to use them, so spray out pesticides.People should learn how us pesticides in a sterile way and be able to use them controllably without harming the environment at risk when using pesticide.