Our Pope Francis, Leader of Many | Teen Ink

Our Pope Francis, Leader of Many

By shortyyyy;) BRONZE, Pleasant Grove, Alabama
shortyyyy;) BRONZE, Pleasant Grove, Alabama

“To change the world we must be good to those who cannot repay us”.  Pope Francis or Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio said this quote in 2014.  This is very true for all Christians.
Pope Francis is still very relevant and important to this day.

Jorge Mario Bergoglio was born on December 17, 1936,  in Buenos Aires, Argentina.  He was elected Pope in March of 2013.  He chose Francis after the saint St. Francis of Assisi. (¨Online, Catholic. "Catholic Online." Catholic Online. N.p., n.d. Web. 16 Mar. 2017.¨) .

Prior to his election, he has done a lot to affect the Church.  He was ordained a priest in December of 1969.  He served as archbishop of Buenos Aires from 1998 to 2013 and then he was elected as Bishop of Rome.  He also served as a Cardinal of the Catholic Church of Argentina from 2001 to 2013.
In May of 1992, Pope John Paul II appointed him the Auxiliary of Buenos Aires.  Later in 2001 Pope
John Paul II elected as a cardinal.(Pope Francis." Biography.com. A&E Networks Television, 21 Nov. 2016. Web. 28 Feb. 2017. And Pope Francis Bio." Pope Francis Visit 2015. N.p., n.d. Web. 28 Feb. 2017.)

Then after was he was already pope he also did a lot of things that affected Society.  In 2015 he announced that it would be the jubilee year of Mercy.  This means there is a holy door in every Cathedral and when you walk through them you are forgiven of your sins.  To this day he still helps with the homeless and those who cannot provide for themselves.

Of course in every good life, there is still some bad moments.  In 1957 he fell severely sick of pneumonia when he was 21.  Because of that, he had to get part of his right lung removed.

His life is still significant to Catholics all around the world to this day. 
First of all, he is the Pope currently so he is constantly making changes and doing things to help Catholics and also other people as well. He also helps with the homeless and the poor.  To this day he tenure has been characterized by humility and outspoken.  He was also elected the person of the year by Time Magazine. (Pope Francis Bio." Pope Francis Visit 2015. N.p., n.d. Web. 28 Feb. 2017.)

Pope Francis graduated from a school as a chemical technician before beginning to train at the Diocesan Seminary of Villa Devoto.  He entered the novitiate of the Society of Jesus in March of 1958.
Pope Francis is still significant and respected to this day.  Just in 2014/2015, he continued his path of deep engagement with both political and environmental conflicts around the world.
He speaks out about Global warming, the misuse of political and military power and other relevant things.

Pope Francis continues his path of helping and leader others to this day.
Throughout all his hate and all his disrespect as a human being, he still decides to help Catholics in their religious life.

I chose Pope Francis because I'm Catholic, and I've been my whole life so Pope Francis or a saint was obviously what leader i would chose...  anyways i hope you enjoy!