The House Around the Corner | Teen Ink

The House Around the Corner

“Zack, do you really want to go in?” Sarah said. “Come on Sarah it will be fine just take my hand and we can do it together” Zack said. They both just stood there basking to the presence of the house. The rotten wood on the outside, and they Cobb webs covering the entire house. “ Zack, I’m scared; what if there is someone in there?” Sarah said with her voice shaking. Zack looked to his side and gripped her hand even tighter then before and he said “Sarah we are going to be fine, we ate just going to go in there and look around, tell you what if I hear any  noises then we can leave.” Sarah smiled and looked nervous back behind her as Zack walked forward toward the house but she did not. She stood in her place, not moving a muscle. Zack turned around, grabbed Sarah by the arm and dragged her into the house.

The door creaked open and they slowly stepped inside. Zack stepped on the floor and in am instant he fell through to the basement of the house. He called out to Sarah who had run out of the door when he fell through the for boards. He screamed for her but she was long gone. He could see her running through the wild that lead up to the house. The light from oxide done in on him till the night time came rolling in. He watched the sun set and the moon arise. For a moment when starting at the stars he was at peace.

Then all the sudden he can hear a car pull up to the house, he starts to yell for help. A shadowy figure spears in the door. Zack says “who are you? What do you want?” The figure steps into the light to show that he is an old man. The man says “What ate you doing in me house, there’s no  trespassing don't you read the signs.” Zack explains that they just wanted to look and the man helped Zack out of the floor. Zack ended up staying at the house and helping the old man. But Sarah never returned to him. She never came back to save him.

This was based on a picture that i saw and just so many ideas popped into my head that i had to write them down.