Headphones In, World Out | Teen Ink

Headphones In, World Out MAG

By Eswzem BRONZE, New Castle, Pennsylvania
Eswzem BRONZE, New Castle, Pennsylvania

“For I have a plan for you. A plan to give you peace not for disaster, but a plan to give you hope and a future.” -Our Heavenly Father

When I saw the title “Headphones In, World Out” in Teen Ink’s summer issue, I immediately started reading. Gabby Z. makes a good point that we shouldn’t be sucked into our own closed-off worlds, but get involved socially with people around us.

Don’t get me wrong, I love listening to music; I have it in my ears every day. It helps me feel free and relaxed, like I’m in a different world. But we must remember that we are still living in this world. And, yes, it’s real. There are people around us, and it’s important to interact with them. Studies show that people who are socially active are more balanced physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Directly interacting with others also boosts your confidence. Teens especially need to be more social. We have so many feelings that most of us never let out. 

So, put down those earphones and have a meaningful conversation. Open your eyes and really see the world. I 100 percent recommend reading “Headphones In, World Out.” It will open your eyes and possibly your mouth.

on Oct. 8 2017 at 11:34 am
Breezette DIAMOND, Uniontown, Arkansas

Every Time I even think of you, all those bad memories just fade away, 'cause your smile's enough, you're enough...

No problem!

Eswzem BRONZE said...
on Oct. 7 2017 at 6:31 pm
Eswzem BRONZE, New Castle, Pennsylvania

@Breezette thank you so much!

Eswzem BRONZE said...
on Oct. 7 2017 at 6:25 pm
Eswzem BRONZE, New Castle, Pennsylvania

@Breezette thanks so much! ;)

on Oct. 7 2017 at 1:44 pm
Breezette DIAMOND, Uniontown, Arkansas

This is really good, and I think that alote of teens do have those problems, I know i do. So definitely keep writing!