Eating Healthy | Teen Ink

Eating Healthy

By thomashinojosa BRONZE, Los Angeles, California
thomashinojosa BRONZE, Los Angeles, California

In life food takes an important role in your life that's why Eating healthy is important for everyone especially teens. A healthy diet is the key to being fit. It is unlike any diet. You will feel so pure balanced and alert. It even prevents some health issues. You will love your body and your body will love you if you start eating healthy. There are so many different reasons why eating healthy is important.

Why is eating healthy so important? Why does it do anything for me? It does so much for your body. It can prevent and control health problems. It has shown to help and prevent heart disease high blood pressure type 2 diabetes and even some cancers. It is not the same as going on a diet. Diets are temporary and make you eat less food rather than the right food. Dieting can cause your body to not get the nutrients it needs while eating healthy boosts and balances the amount of nutrients in your body. But how do you start your healthy diet? You have to aim for balance in the different food groups. Make sure you look for a variety it helps you get the nutrition you need. Overall you need to pay attention to what you eat. You need to stay balanced to make sure you have enough vitamin and minerals. It also improves your mood helps you handle stress and gives you more energy.

As a teenager it is even more important to eat healthy. You are growing. While growing you are hungrier because you need the extra calories to grow. If you overeat not exercise and eat unhealthy it can cause obesity. You need to make healthy choices to avoid obesity. Eat healthy in meals and snacks. Try avoiding refined grains and high amounts of starch next time you’re hungry reach for something with whole grains such as oats. Eating healthy will provide the necessary nutrients that your body needs to function and create new cells. You will also have more energy and become more alert. While eating healthy you will need to have balanced and varied amount of each food group. Too much of America is already obese, why should you be? Overall eating healthy is something you must be doing your entire life and you don’t need to change your entire diet just  take it slow and change things one at a time.

its very important to know what you are eating