The Negative Effect of Global Warming | Teen Ink

The Negative Effect of Global Warming

Bang!!! You hear that? That’s the sound of melting ice falling. This is due to climate change or as many people know as, global warming. Global warming is the gradual increase in overall temperature of the earth’s atmosphere generally attributed to the greenhouse effect caused by the increase level of carbon dioxide, chlorofluorocarbon, and other pollutants. Chlorofluorocarbon is any class of compounds, hydrogen, chlorine, fluoride. Global warming should be stopped because, it causes natural disasters, economical changes, and rising sea levels.

For instance, natural disasters caused by climate change. One example of natural disasters caused by climate change is, hurricane Katrina. Hurricane Katrina was a devastating category five hurricane due to the warm water caused by the earth emitting heat. Though Hurricanes occur during the fall, analyst state that “it appears likely rising tropical ocean temperature will increase the rising of tropical storms”. This happens because of temperatures rising and moist atmosphere. Another example of a natural disaster caused by global warming is hurricane Irma. This was due to the Atlantic ocean being much warmer than originally recorded seventy-five years ago, due to climate change.

Equally importantly is, environmental impacts. One of the main causes of the environment being impacted is greenhouse gasses. Greenhouse gas acts like a cloak, absorbing IR radiation prevent it from going into outer space. Due to these greenhouse gasses butterflies had to move their ranges northward away from the contaminated atmosphere. Another major impact that global warming has caused is, seasons happening earlier. For example scientist recorded that leaves have started falling earlier in the beginning of spring. Scientist also predicted that global warming can cause domains to shrink. Greenhouse gasses have emitted at an alarming rate, resulting in the oceans to rise an additional one to three feet.

On that note immediately following is sea levels rising. At the alarming rate global warming occurs at IPCC has projected that “ the Arctic will be rid of its ice in the future”. Large sheets of ice in Greenland and Iceland have already contribute to rising in sea levels. Warm water also expanded the ocean. Sea levels have risen about by eight inches or twenty inches. If temperatures keep rising at this, seas will rise twenty feet-or seven centimeters.

In conclusion, some people might say that global warming is good because it prevent cold weather deaths. Without a doubt global warming should no longer occur because, it causes natural disasters, economical changes, and rising sea levels. Certainly we can make an effort to stop global warming. Maybe we can stop global warming by, people carpooling to reduce car pollution. People could start reducing, reusing, and recycling. This isn't the most affordable option but, people can use solar panels to reduce the amount of natural gas especially being used.