Global Warming | Teen Ink

Global Warming

By alissa.l.yumurifg BRONZE, Coconut Creek, Florida
alissa.l.yumurifg BRONZE, Coconut Creek, Florida

To begin with, global warming is a huge problem that is becoming bigger and bigger as time passes. Global warming, or climate change, is the increase in the average temperature of earth’s near-surface air and oceans. Climate Change has already caused many destructions, for example ever since 1906, the global average surface temperature has increased between 1.1 and 1.6 degrees Fahrenheit even more in sensitive polar regions. Also many species have been impacted by rising temperatures. For example, researcher Bill Fraser has tracked the decline of the Adélie penguins on Antarctica, where their numbers have fallen from 32,000 breeding pairs to 11,000 in 30 years. To conclude, there are many more reasons for us to make a change in our day to day basis and stop global warming.

To continue, there are many ways that we could help stop global warming, even little things like not using a car everyday would make a huge change. Other ways people could help would be for example, installing solar panels on their homes, or reduce water waste. In addition, we could also invest in energy efficient appliances, actually eat the food you buy and not let it go to waste, drive a fuel-vehicle, or take public transport, shrink your carbon profile. To end with, if you're up to big changes even just speaking up and reducing your food and water waste will already make a huge difference, for we desperately need to make a change, we are ones killing the world we live in, a world that gave us everything.