Time and Life | Teen Ink

Time and Life MAG

One day you wake up, get ready and go to school. Before you know it, the day passes. Then a week, a month, a year, a decade, and soon, your lifetime. But what did you do with all that time? Or, more importantly, what didn’t you do with all that time? Every life must be used wisely and not thrown away.
One day my teacher said, “Life is a game of chess, and the other player is Time.” From that moment, I knew I had to enjoy my life. Do not waste time, because you know what? Time will not come back. Time will not reverse. You cannot buy it. It is one of those things in life that you must really, really cherish. Time will not give you second chances. You must create those second chances. You must open those doors and find those opportunities.
You change the world every day when you use time, so never say an experience wasn’t worth it. It all matters. Either you helped someone with their homework or you just jumped someone into your gang. You’ve changed the world by changing a person’s life.
When you see an opportunity, take it. You might not get it back. Never let an opportunity pass. And if it is too hard, remember that in the middle of every difficulty lies an opportunity.
Remember, you don’t get to choose how you’re going to die. Or when. You can only decide how you’re going to live. Now. You only have one life. If you waste it in jail, then you will live very miserably. Study as if you were going to live forever, live as if you were going to die tomorrow. Don’t just think of the present, but also think of your future. Your future is yet another chapter in your life and another way to live it.
Love is great to experience. Love doesn’t make the world go ’round; love is what makes the ride worthwhile. Without love, humans would have no reason to live. Love makes you do crazy, unimaginable things. It drives some people insane. Be careful, for love can be a real traitor. If you do find that special someone, hold onto him/her forever and don’t let go.
Every single living thing has a purpose in life. For some, it is to make the world a better place. For others, it is to destroy it. “The purpose of life is a life of purpose,” as Robert Byme so aptly put it. Every single person was put in this world for a purpose. Many people call this destiny. Without destiny, there would be no life.
Learn to use time wisely, take opportunities, and enjoy life. We can discover the meaning of life in three different ways: (1) by doing a deed; (2) by experiencing a value; and (3) by suffering. Lives, like money, are spent. So, what are you buying with yours?

on Mar. 8 2016 at 2:59 am
Aspire_2.0 SILVER, Tirana, Other
Amazin work.

Kyra11 BRONZE said...
on Jun. 18 2014 at 2:22 am
Kyra11 BRONZE, Ahmednagar, Other

Only as far as I seek can I go
Only as high as I reach can I grow
Only as deep as deep as i look can I see

Only as much as I dream can I be..!! *_*

That  was a really insigtful article eddy!! Keep up the good work!!! :D and hey well evn I am into writing  poems upon spirituality, life and death... Check them out if you feel like it. Iam putting in the link-  visionzz-ayesha.blogspot.in/  

rheame said...
on Dec. 27 2013 at 1:16 am
rheame, Anand, Other

turn a mess into a lesson

a test into testimony

a trial into triumph
and a victim into champion

wow!!! great point of view towards life and i totally agree with you!

on Jan. 28 2013 at 2:07 pm
AcrossTheUniverse BRONZE, Hondo, Texas

"Go confidentally in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've always imagined." -Thoreau

I love your words: "love is what makes the ride worthwhile." Very concise piece.

tastemybacon said...
on Sep. 11 2012 at 8:19 am
tastemybacon, Wilmington, North Carolina
Time is a subject that i think about alot, i wonder if what i'm doing has any kind of purpose behind it, or if we're all just blowin' in the wind, wainting for our time to come, But as long as we're here we might as well makes the best of it, completely agree with you Eddy.

on Oct. 24 2011 at 8:14 pm
JesusLuver22 BRONZE, Baker, Florida

I Can Do All Things THrough Christ That Gives Me Strength! Phillppians 4:13

Wow!  Eddy,that was really amazing,you have a great outlook on what Life: Life is short so live it to the fullest.

on Oct. 24 2011 at 6:33 pm
mattisonteeter GOLD, Los Angeles, California
You are very articulate with your thoughts and words. you have a great talent

on Aug. 31 2011 at 5:27 pm
tennisplayergirl GOLD, Arrington, Virginia

"He who will not risk cannot win." John Paul Jones

This is a wonderful, beautiful article, and it's what I think about every day, except more clearly spoken. Takes my breath away...

on Feb. 24 2011 at 11:07 pm
XPlacidDreamerX BRONZE, Los Alamos, New Mexico

shoot for the moon. even if you miss you'll land among the stars.

very well put. your veiws on life make me believe you have a smart head on your shoulders. you'll make it far. :)

Lyvie SILVER said...
on Dec. 3 2010 at 10:58 pm
Lyvie SILVER, Knoxville, Tennessee

Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver.

When you say that time is not infinite, what do you mean?

Shweta said...
on Sep. 23 2010 at 5:08 am

Yeah, I totally agree wid u.

The last two lines were de best and made me think too.

on Sep. 2 2010 at 4:11 pm
thebushhippie PLATINUM, Sandown, New Hampshire

Leave behind your own footprints! :0)

Great job.....I agree completely! Love the very last two sentences of this article. They really made me think. Fantastic!

on Aug. 10 2010 at 11:25 am
toxic.monkey SILVER, Tashkent, Other

"Homo homini lupus"

i pretty much agree... thanks for sharing your view!

on Nov. 9 2009 at 3:07 pm
EricBlair BRONZE, London, Other

"I understand HOW, I do not understand WHY" -George Orwell, 1984

I have always considered Time the most valuable resource. It is NOT infinite as some like to think of it. The better 'spent' your time, the greater the outcome for everyone.