They're Gone | Teen Ink

They're Gone

By Katiereinbolt SILVER, Hemet , California
Katiereinbolt SILVER, Hemet , California

You never truly realize what you have until it's gone. That boy you used to smile at and hug everyday before going to fifth period no longer thinks about wrapping his arms around you and walks into class on time. That one best friend you used to tell all your secrets to and promise to keep them to yourselves forgot your secrets and made room for someone else's. These people slowly and painfully left your life like a vibrant piece of art that hung in the window slowly fading from the scorching sun. Like leisurely ripping off a bandaid because “it hurts less” and you don’t want to get it over with. You took them for granted. You can't take them back because they have moved on. They don't think about hugging you or promise to keep your secrets anymore. You try so hard to think of way to get them back and go back to how it used to be but it never works. You so badly want to hug him again and share your secrets with your best friend. People move on and don't even think twice. Always thank the people in your life while they are in it. Don't take them for granted because you never truly realize what you have until it's gone.